Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I want to buy PowerDirector 17 in ultra or ultimate version
KMilosz [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 08, 2019 08:48 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
What are the differences between the two versions?

I see that ultimate has more plugins, but how do you find them to see them?
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
Here is a comparison of the various PowerDirector versions.
https://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector-video-editing-software-ultra/comparison_en_US.html

In terms of the program itself, both Ultra and Ultimate have the same complete set of features.

However, Ultimate includes some additional third-party plug-in effects and templates as well as a pack of wedding and holiday templates.

If you don't feel a need for these additional effects and templates, Ultra may meet all of your needs. As I've said, it is the complete program and for a few dollars less.

Suites are packages that bundle additional CyberLink audio, video and photo editors.
KMilosz [Avatar]
[Post New]
BorisFX Film Styl i stylizacja.What gives this style in the ultimate

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 08. 2019 11:28

KMilosz [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote BorisFX Film Style & Stylize. What gives this style in the ultimate

Why is it much cheaper with this seller: https://www.vebo.pl/powerdirector

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 08. 2019 16:38

PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
welcome to the forum.
don't know. can't read either; however, wait couple of more weeks and there should be a brand spanking new
PowerDirector 18 for sale! ^^

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out' 'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
KMilosz [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote welcome to the forum.
don't know. can't read either; however, wait couple of more weeks and there should be a brand spanking new
PowerDirector 18 for sale! ^^

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'

Will the price of 18 versions be similar to this 17?
AshWilliams [Avatar]
Member Location: Michigan Joined: Mar 28, 2013 23:38 Messages: 109 Offline
[Post New]

Will the price of 18 versions be similar to this 17?

Probably not, as prices are usually reduced on current version just before new version is released. New version usually starts at full price when released from what I remember.

Ash
KMilosz [Avatar]
[Post New]

Probably not, as prices are usually reduced on current version just before new version is released. New version usually starts at full price when released from what I remember.

Ash

and we already know when the new version will come out?
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]

and we already know when the new version will come out?

Traditionally, PDR releases have happened in September and, as you would expect, the exact date is kept under wraps for commercial reasons (as with any software release, really), so we will all have to wait and see when any new version is released for general sale.
Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
KMilosz [Avatar]
[Post New]
I learned that the premiere will be on September 18, but I still don't know the price, what will it be on the day of the premiere, does anyone know more or less what will be?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
100% list price for PD18, Maybe a little less for PD17. The longer you wait the cheaper the price until the cycle happens again next year.
KMilosz [Avatar]
[Post New]
200 USD?