Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
'Loop Playback' not working?
GeneH [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 18, 2012 07:47 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Using PD 17 with the latest patch, I've noticed that the 'Loop Playback' functionality in the timeline does not work for me. When I'm in either clip or movie mode, and highlight a portion of the timeline and (making sure that 'Loop Playback' is selected) press play, the player goes through the selection once, and rather than looping back to the beginning, the playback marker stays at the end of the clip and stutters, like it's trying to play the last frame over and over again. Is anyone else experiencing this?
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Mine (17.3005) appears to work fine with several different videos. Does yours even work with the sample skateboard clip?

Jeff
GeneH [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Mine (17.3005) appears to work fine with several different videos. Does yours even work with the sample skateboard clip?

Jeff

I deleted the sample clips so I don't have those to test against, but I've tried a variety of video files with various formats from different sources, and the result is the same. I still have PD 15 installed on my machine, and the 'Loop Playback' function works without issue for me in that version of PD.
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
'Loop Playback'
It works perfectly here
I didn't know that, never used it before XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
You have to have this option checked in Preferences for Loop Playback to work correctly:

If it's unchecked, you get the behavior you're seeing.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
GeneH [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote You have to have this option checked in Preferences for Loop Playback to work correctly:

If it's unchecked, you get the behavior you're seeing.

This fixed it, thanks!
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote This fixed it, thanks!

My guess is that's a bug, it shouldn't work like that. That pref option was new at PD16 and I'm guessing was not flushed out with compatibility with other settings. Previously there was no such option and the loop playback worked, I see no logical reason it needs to be on now for loop playback to work, seems like user should have a the choice via the setting.

Sputtering at the clip end obvious of operation not as desired too.

Jeff