Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
End user comment
Marc [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 15, 2009 17:12 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I want a refund but the request a return page keeps saying "server error".

Looks like blatant attempt to not honour their 30 day money back guarantee!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 11. 2009 03:48

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Tomorrow, it's 9.45pm for me, when I start up my computer and look in on the forum, you will have changed your tone and the title of this post!

I'm appalled at the grandstanding of your title. Absolutely ridiculous.

READ:
This is a forum for CyberLink members to discuss and share their users' experience. CyberLink customer support will not reply in the forum regarding the technical issues. Topics or replies with attacking or illegal messages will be deleted by the forum management directly.

Good night. I'll delete this topic in the morning if it remains unchanged!

Dafydd
[Moderator]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 10. 2009 16:51

arise [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 10, 2009 15:24 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]
since you're going to delete the post anyway, here's my 2 cents:
you're doing a (too) good of a job to stick to the rules, risking ending up patrolling these forums on your own.

Cyberlink PD8 has lots of issues raised by quite a high number of users. They better answer some questions, and do so fast. Might as well start with a changelog of things they supposedly fixed in (already) 2 builds since PD8 1930 release.

So to answer Marc's question: no they're not thieves, they just don't care about you. Go find peace using another (better supported) product.

good night.
[Post New]
arise...looks like you already ASKED for a changelog??:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7994.page

Are you going to follow your own suggestion and leave..I am sure someone here will miss you.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Sep 10. 2009 17:33

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Apart from my unavoidable observation that CyberLink is singular & ought to be followed by "is", I think this forum functions more effectively if shooting-from-the-lip type behaviour is vetted. Throwing your weight around, making stupid threats & being abusive never solved a video editing problem. That's what this place is for. That sort of behaviour doesn't encourage anyone to assist, anyway.

My other observation about CyberLink is that THIS ISN'T IT! This forum has members who ask questions, make suggestions, work through issues, help each other. They all edit videos. They're all on the same team. Not one of us wears a CyberLink hat. So - in effect - you've just wasted a bit of time and annoyed a few people & neither of you is any closer to resolving your issue.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 10. 2009 17:51

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
arise [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 10, 2009 15:24 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]
fred, must be early in the morning for you
grab a coffee and try out the new search function, you will maybe find other posts that i asked for a changelog (hint: 1930a).

but guess what, i figured out some of the changelog already!
[Post New]
oops

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 10. 2009 18:07

[Post New]
Search function is new?? now that is news to me.

And you aren't sharing this information about the changes you found because???

Changelogs are usually part of the development team process until a new release is posted. You don't seem like you "team" well. Maybe that is why CL is reluctant to share the log with you.

Got plenty coffee. You missed the point....Share issues and solutions, not complaints!!

We have plenty to complain about..here and everywhere.

If you have fixes, share them...problems for discussion, work through them on a post...or remain silent, please.

I visit this forum looking for others with similar issues and possible workarounds or solutions...not to read and wade through "spewed venom"! "

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Sep 10. 2009 18:35

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
arise,

I moderate this forum with a slight firmness more recently. Members here have shown their distaste, with PM's, letters to CyberLink and comments on the forum of the non-constructive contributions by disruptives, who vent accusations and insults best suited to a garbage can than a public forum.

I tread the middle road on the forum because that's what a moderator has to do. It doesn't mean I disagree with sentiments expressed or I haven't reported my own thorough observations to CyberLink. I also pass on comments, results and problems directly (email) to various heads of department at CyberLink.

I chose to remain silent and not to influence opinion but do back up and support members who have attempted to localise an issue. I encourage member cooperation and interaction to assist in testing, checking and finding.

Perhaps you could provide data, presented in a logical fashion which members here could check and confirm?

Rants and tangential moments are generally unacceptable. The title of this post will be changed to reflect the members comments.

Let's see what you've got? Please provide a diagnostic file and then logically relate your issue.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page
Subject: PowerDirector - information we request and tasks to carry out.
PART A - name it
PART B - provide it
PART F - use them
PART E - an alternative
PART D - presentation is important

Dafydd
[Moderator]

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Sep 11. 2009 06:05

Marc [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 15, 2009 17:12 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Admit my title was aggressive however cl state that there is a 30 money back guarantee I have:
+ sent them email - no reply
+ sent them support message - no reply
+ Refund page has shown following message for last 3 weeks
Server Error

Error:

We are currently unable to perform the selected action. Please accept our apologies for this inconvenience. We have been notified and are already working to correct this issue as quickly as possible. Please click your browser's back button and try this action at a later time, or take a different action.

Error Number: SYS_000001
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Marc,
I've sent you some instructions which hopefully will help you.
Let us know.

Dafydd
[Moderator]