Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Build 2013
arise [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 10, 2009 15:24 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]
i just noticed the trial version is build 2013, is this for real?
what happened also to 1930a as a separate update?

does Cyberlink have a changelog on this please?
thanks!
arise [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 10, 2009 15:24 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]
well, here's my changelog for build 2013 and AVCHD (Canon HG20 FXP mode, 1920x1080@17mbps)

- SVRT -> still broken
- Magic Fix (stabilization) -> still flickering on slightest camera move
- Transition hiccups -> still there ~ 1sec before/after particular transitions

What a surprise....
G'night.
Cat.Man
Senior Member Location: Romania Joined: Jul 29, 2009 01:09 Messages: 188 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,where is build 2013 ??? Is real ? Is update? God is my only Master and my family is my only treasure!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7995.page#33030
Cat.Man
Senior Member Location: Romania Joined: Jul 29, 2009 01:09 Messages: 188 Offline
[Post New]
God is my only Master and my family is my only treasure!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Please make a request to:
http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/index.do

Dafydd
[Moderator]
David [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 10, 2009 04:50 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I'm trying the trial version of PD8 (build 2013) to decide if I should buy it or a competitor.

System: Phenom2 X3, 4GB RAM, Win XP Pro 32 (and now 64-bit)
Camera: Canon HF200 with 1920x1080i AVCHD files
Symptoms:
1) Random crashes during editing (I believe due to background rendering)
2) Crashes during rendering, particularly at complex transitions (e.g. Alpha blending ones) where the surrounding clips have effects applied to them (e.g. stabilize, speed-up).
- Usually this is on the first frame of a transition, late in the movie (after 4-5 other transitions).
3) On the rendering crashes, I often get an "out of memory" error. Watching the task manager, I see there is plenty of physical and virtual memory left. But just before the crash, the PD8 memory starts to spike (from e.g. a steady 620,000K to >700,000K). Does PD8 have a limitation on how much memory it can address, and if so, why is it so low (or am I missing the end of the spike in Task Manager)?

Symptoms are independent of OS (as anyway it runs in 32-bit mode on Win XP 64-bit).

Is there another revision besides 2013 that might be more stable? I've heard that 1930a worked well for a member of another forum. As a many-year-long software testing engineer, perhaps Cyberlink reintroduced some older bugs in 2013, as he said a pre-1930a version had some kind of transition issues. Just a speculation.

If there is a solution, I would love to get a stable version of PD8. Otherwise I will probably soon purchase a competitor, because their product (although MUCH slower and less desireable to me) does not crash, ever. Please find a PD8 solution for me!
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
David,

I too get the crashes on transitions, some people have thought it was an i7 cpu problem but I see you are on XP. I have had some limited success running my i7 on 2 cores instead of 8. I also have heaps of ram free when the crashes occur.

I had similar problems with crashes with effects like stabiliser etc even in pd7. I personally think there is more than one problem, one with AVCHD h.264 videos and in my case the i7cpu's 8 cores.

Cyberlink are aware of the problem, I too hope they come up with a solution soon as there are other things I want to do with my videos but as I add more and more complexity to my videos the problems increase.

I do have more success rendering to 720 instead of 1080, not really what I want but it at least lets me get my videos up to youtube.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 27. 2009 08:13

My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
Robert123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 27, 2009 17:56 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi, I'm trying the trial version of PD8 (build 2013) to decide if I should buy it or a competitor.

Why are new users getting a trial version of build 2013 to try, yet there is no update from build 1930 for us that have the purchased program, nor have I received an email regarding such? There's not a single update for PD8 on this website.

Quote: Please make a request to:

Dafydd
[Moderator]

I did that 2 days ago.

This message was edited 8 times. Last update was at Sep 30. 2009 15:27

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Robert,
The correct procedure is for a request to support.

The information they'll need is:
Order number,
Full name,
Email address.

This needs to be confirmed and you'll be contacted.

I guide users to customer support.

Thanks

Dafydd
[Moderator]

Robert123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 27, 2009 17:56 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Robert,
The correct procedure is for a request to support.

The information they'll need is:
Order number,
Full name,
Email address.

This needs to be confirmed and you'll be contacted.

I guide users to customer support.

Thanks

Dafydd
[Moderator]

That sounds great, thanks for the reply and correct procedure. Also, thank you for the response in another thread where you stated a better update is being prepared to service more than this v2013. Obviously 2013 was designed to offer an improved trial over build 1930, but not to the complete satisfaction that Cyberlink wants to provide as an official update to customers at this time. I hope my interpretation is correct and hopefully this will temper any inpatience others might have and allow you to spend your time more wisely than answering irritating PM's regarding 2013. We appreciate the clarification!