Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Making a stills capture during play stops play
Steve01 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 24, 2014 14:32 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I need a video editing prog for its ability to go slo mo fwd or backward, or allow me to frame by frame fwd or backward, or better still go key frame fwd or backward as KF's give best still images.

Can I get it to go fd or backward to just KeyFrames ?

I drag drop my .mpg to timeline, hit 'home ' key to set it to 00:00:00
hit play and then when neeeded hit Ctrl P and get a still image (I have turned off the naming prompt)
IT STOPS THE MOVIE FROM PLAYING THOUGH.

I want to sit back and watch it play and make stills as it does so, not have to start it running again.

What setting makes it carry on playing as opposed to stop as I need to find that setting !

Cheers

Steve01
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
There is no setting to change. PD can't continue previewing because it takes several seconds to save the full resolution screenshot.

If you want to mark where in the timeline these frames are while not interrupting playback, use shift + M at each location to place a timeline marker.

Then you can use the shift + left arrow and shift + right arrow keys to jump to the previous/next marker and make the actual screenshot.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Steve01 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 24, 2014 14:32 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Quote There is no setting to change. PD can't continue previewing because it takes several seconds to save the full resolution screenshot.

Hi,
When I hit the capture button in Jaksta the sound continues, the video is paused for a moment and starts again in sync with sound a sec or two later, so a sec or two is lost, but it doesnt stop, and its saving a 4K still image.

I am surprised that PD is incapable of doing the same as this free video viewer, especially as its not even saving 3840 but only 1920 from the 3840.

I will use the marker method and return to the markers. Is there a limit on how many I can have as I have asily a hundred or more to make.

Steve01