Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cross fading video - audio issues
Andrew_1957 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 26, 2018 06:29 Messages: 93 Offline
[Post New]
Recently I posted a query about crossfading / overlays which managed to solve the problems I was having with still shots.

However I have experienced a problem when trying to do this with videos.

Using two cameras I recorded my friend singing and compiled the 2 videos into one video using multicam designer

Obviously when switching from one camera angle to the other there is a join which is apparent, I would like to have a seamless fade in using crossfade for a smoother transition between cameras.

As this does not seem to be available in multicam designer, I have tried working it on the timeline after finishing the designer stage

Viewing tutorials makes it seem simple ie. drag one video clip over the other slightly where the cameras switch over (before producing the compiled video) . However this puts the remaining audio clip out of synch from here on

Is there a way of crossfading and still retaining the audio synch ?

I'm sure I must be missing something simple here

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 08. 2019 09:05

Andrew_1957 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 26, 2018 06:29 Messages: 93 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Recently I posted a query about crossfading / overlays which managed to solve the problems I was having with still shots.

However I have experienced a problem when trying to do this with videos.

Using two cameras I recorded my friend singing and compiled the 2 videos into one video using multicam designer

Obviously when switching from one camera angle to the other there is a join which is apparent, I would like to have a seamless fade in using crossfade for a smoother transition between cameras.

As this does not seem to be available in multicam designer, I have tried working it on the timeline after finishing the designer stage

Viewing tutorials makes it seem simple ie. drag one video clip over the other slightly where the cameras switch over (before producing the compiled video) . However this puts the remaining audio clip out of synch from here on

Is there a way of crossfading and still retaining the audio synch ?

I'm sure I must be missing something simple here

UPDATE - solution just found

The answer is in the Transactions menu to the left of the timeline