Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Music editing
William Catterick [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 03, 2019 02:11 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all,

So frustrated trying to use the cyberlink app on my android.

I've got a walking video I've put together and edited. My problem is that I've downloaded an audio file from YouTube and want to include it in my video.

I want the music to play when there is no dialogue but if I use the settings to change from music to chat it changes it for the whole video. Can anyone help.
[Post New]
Quote Hi all,

So frustrated trying to use the cyberlink app on my android.

I've got a walking video I've put together and edited. My problem is that I've downloaded an audio file from YouTube and want to include it in my video.

I want the music to play when there is no dialogue but if I use the settings to change from music to chat it changes it for the whole video. Can anyone help.

I'm assuming due to the lack of replies that the app version cannot do the above
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I'm assuming due to the lack of replies that the app version cannot do the above

That would not be a correct assumption. This is a volunteer forum, and sometimes posts may go a day or two before somebody with the answer takes time to respond. I have only limited experience with the Android app, but I will take a look in an hour or so and see what I can find.

Maybe someone else with more experience will answer before then, but patience is helpful here.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]

I'm assuming due to the lack of replies that the app version cannot do the above

Hi,
On my Nokia mobile app I have 2 specific audio tracks by default, I can import a recorded .mp4 to T1 and record a VO onto T2, use the audio mixer to adjust the Track volumes and balance the recorded video audio.

In order to change music/VO/recorded video audio, you can use the mixer room to set the overall track volumes, but each track and any splits in a track can have their own volume with fade in/out.
So to fade in a recorded audio track where there is no dialogue, first split the audio track appropriately, adjust the volume for the duration of the split and use fade in/out to avoid a hard cut.

Hope that helps.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 03. 2019 13:28

[Post New]

Hi,
On my Nokia mobile app I have 2 specific audio tracks by default, I can import a recorded .mp4 to T1 and record a VO onto T2, use the audio mixer to adjust the Track volumes and balance the recorded video audio.

In order to change music/VO/recorded video audio, you can use the mixer room to set the overall track volumes, but each track and any splits in a track can have their own volume with fade in/out.
So to fade in a recorded audio track where there is no dialogue, first split the audio track appropriately, adjust the volume for the duration of the split and use fade in/out to avoid a hard cut.

Hope that helps.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 04. 2019 03:56

[Post New]
I think what I'm trying to to us called audio ducking. Please can it be done on the app version of this software and if so how?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 04. 2019 03:58

PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I think what I'm trying to to us called audio ducking. Please can it be done on the app version of this software and if so how?

As far as I am aware there is no audio ducking function in the mobile app, unless anyone else has found one??

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I think what I'm trying to to us called audio ducking. Please can it be done on the app version of this software and if so how?

The app doesn't have audio ducking. You would need to split the clip at each place where you want the audio to go down and split the music clip at each place where you want to increase the music volume. Then you need to adjust the audio for each clip. This tutorial should help you out.