Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
2PC's
georgiejr [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Bacolod City, Philippines Joined: Feb 04, 2016 18:53 Messages: 38 Offline
[Post New]
I currently have PD16 on my desktop. I am planning to purchase a laptop since I do travel at least once a month. I would like to be able to work on a project coming from my desktop or create a new project while on the road. Once I get home, I want to use my desktop to edit/produce the videos coming from my laptop. What would be my best option aside from buying the same version on the laptop? If I install PD 17 on the laptop, will PD 16 be able to process whatever pds made on PD17 if I just copy the laptop pds to my desktop?

Please advise and thank you. Windows 10 64-bit on I7-2600 3.4GHZ
NVIDIA GeForce GT440
16MB DDR3 RAM
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Your best bet would be to purchase and install the PD17/365 versions. You are then allowed to install it on both pc and use it one at a time. You would still have to pack the project to edit it on the other pc with PD17. PD16 will not be able to open project files created with PD17. PD17 can open projects created with the older versions of PD like 16.
georgiejr [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Bacolod City, Philippines Joined: Feb 04, 2016 18:53 Messages: 38 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Your best bet would be to purchase and install the PD17/365 versions. You are then allowed to install it on both pc and use it one at a time. You would still have to pack the project to edit it on the other pc with PD17. PD16 will not be able to open project files created with PD17. PD17 can open projects created with the older versions of PD like 16.

Thanks Tomac for your response. So it will allow me to install on 2 devices using the same key, but will only be allowed to use one at a time. That resolves my problem. Windows 10 64-bit on I7-2600 3.4GHZ
NVIDIA GeForce GT440
16MB DDR3 RAM