Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Unwanted ads/tutorial player in produce module!!
Loe [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 25, 2010 10:27 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
PWD has been my GOTO video editor since PWD9. I like it. But lately some irritating features are creeping in.
I am referring to the increasingly intrusive adverts Cyberlink is inflicting on us. Yes, I get it. They want all of us to move to the 365 version. But thats not for me. I pay for my upgrades. 365 subscriber deal isnt for me. But all the time, on the 'producing' screen I see these 365 ads.
So I put up with that, but now suddenly below that, a link to the Cyberlink YouTube channel has appeared and videos
start to play about PWD features. So while producing, Cyberlink is using some resources of my Video card to sell me stuff and link me to their YouTube channel. Hardly professional. I find this irritating. I havent asked for this and do not wish my resources to be used when I am producing. I certainly do not wish to be forced to watch videos. Is there any way to remove this annoying YouTube link?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 21. 2019 13:06

AshWilliams [Avatar]
Member Location: Michigan Joined: Mar 28, 2013 23:38 Messages: 109 Offline
[Post New]
Just go to general preferences and deselect the "check for updates" option. You should receive any of these notifications afterwards.

Ash
Loe [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 25, 2010 10:27 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Just go to general preferences and deselect the "check for updates" option. You should receive any of these notifications afterwards.

Ash

So you are saying that Cyberlink use the 'check for updates' as a device
to send me adverts and link me to the YouTube channel.
Well you are right it seems to work but in my view that is taking the concept of 'updates' well beyond its meaning.
I DO want to be warned about updates I DO NOT want, automatically, to be thrown into their YouTube channel.
I will indeed have to switch off updates, which is a backward step.
Cyberlink, this is NOT nice. Static adverts I can live with but this YouTube channel goes too far for me.
I want to be able to use PWD, I have paid for, without you intruding and using my video card resources.
Most will read this and not see an issue. I understand that. But it irritates me and I wonder how much further Cyberlink will take this
unwelcome marketing.
Imagine using Gmail or Outlook and be automatically connected to their Youtube channel ? It wouldnt be acceptable.
People wouldnt stand for it. So switching off updates it will have to be
[Post New]
only someone drunk or drug could insert the yt window into the render process... Win10Pro64, Ryzen 7 1800X, GTX1070Ti8GB STRIX, 16 GB RAM, 4 x M.2 Samsung 960Pro 500GB, 6 x SSD Samsung 256GB, ASUS PRIME X-370 PRO,2xA160AEJ,1xUX180,3xA6300,3xA6000, 2xD4S,1xD850,man and woman without skills...