Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Are you able to move particles to anywhere on the screen?
YukonJen713 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 15, 2019 03:30 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I am new to PC Power Director but have used the mobile version for almost a year. The "Stickers/Particles" on the Mobile App were so easy to place on the screen but I cannot figure out how to do it on the PC version. Feel like I tried everything. Also it tells you to drag the effect the effbut then doesnt even show up on the preview screen only when I add it to the video clip itself.

At this point I think I like the ease of the Mobile app better...

HELP PLEASE
Thanks
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
Without knowing exactly what you're doing it's hard to say what you're doing wrong.

But have you tried adding the particle clip to the timeline, on a track above your background clip?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 15. 2019 08:15

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi -

I've never used the mobile app, but you can move particles where you want by grabbing the handle and dragging.

Unlisted screen capture...

Is that what you mean?

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
YukonJen713 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 15, 2019 03:30 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi -

I've never used the mobile app, but you can move particles where you want by grabbing the handle and dragging.

Unlisted screen capture...

Is that what you mean?

Cheers - Tony

Yes this looks great but where is Particle Designer? I only have Modify and Tools and then when you open tools its only Blending and Movie Wizard.

Does it need to be downloaded from somewhere else?
Thanks for your help. I am a very fast editor on the Mobile app but learning this is so hard.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
When you have a particle (from the Particle library) selected in the timeline, click on Designer and you're in Particle Designer.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!