Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Unable to Use Videos Downloaded from Envato Elements
cotsy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 22, 2018 12:21 Messages: 45 Offline
[Post New]
I have just purchased a subscription from Envato Elements to allow downloading videos. I downloaded several videos and when I tried to load them into Powerdirector I get a message that says an error occured when trying to open the file due to several possible issues including protected video contact. I downloaded the preview of the video with a watermark and it is fine. I suspect there is something that loaded with the video that is flagged by Powerdirector.

Thanks
cotsy [Avatar]
[Post New]
I see that I can't load the .mov files.
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
Converting the video to an MP4 with the free download Handbrake will certainly resolve this problem. I recommend you use these settings to produce a standard MP4.

cotsy [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks. This works. I also just changed the file extension from .MOV to .MP4 and this worked sometimes. Why doesn't Powerdirector recognize .MOV files?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thanks. This works. I also just changed the file extension from .MOV to .MP4 and this worked sometimes. Why doesn't Powerdirector recognize .MOV files?

It does, but it relies on Windows to supply the appropriate codecs.

Older versions of PD came with Apple's Quicktime just for that purpose, but that stopped when Apple discontinued support for QT on Windows. If you download and install QT Lite (it's free), you should be able to work with MOV files in PD without needing to convert them first.
cotsy [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you very much as always