Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Stop menu from inserting music
Dynochrome [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 16, 2019 00:19 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
This has been discussed before but the answer has been how to change the music. I want to know how to open or create a menu without any music inserted. What happens now is menus or new menus I create automatically insert some crappy music,and I have to go through chapters one at a time and delete it. If I miss one,the music all of a sudden comes in on a page and makes everyone jump out of their seat. Taking it off is tredious. I would like to be able to save a template so that it contains NO music unless I choose to enter some. Is that possible? It just seems rediculous to default like that. I'm afraid just to remove the track from the program (ie:sports) because the program may still"point" to it and the program is picky enough when it comes to burning. I saw the "harder" XML way to stop it but again it changes the music and I just want to stop it. Forever.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Dynochrome -

You're on the right track with your thinking - i.e. to remove or replace the "Sports.mp3" in the menu template folder. It works fine if you use a silent audio clip, rename it "Sports" and substitute it in the folder.

Lots of older PDR users, like me, went through that years ago... and I still have no idea who could ever possibly think that "Sports.mp3" might be a universally welcomed menu background music track yell My view would be "nothing" would be a better default.

Here are a couple of templates that contain a music track called "nothing" (it's silent). You can leave it as is, or replace the audio with your own selection. The .wav file is attached here for your listening pleasure laughing

6 menu buttons - no audio

12 menu buttons - no audio

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
nothing.wav
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
324 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
160 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Dynochrome [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi Dynochrome -

You're on the right track with your thinking - i.e. to remove or replace the "Sports.mp3" in the menu template folder. It works fine if you use a silent audio clip, rename it "Sports" and substitute it in the folder.

Lots of older PDR users, like me, went through that years ago... and I still have no idea who could ever possibly think that "Sports.mp3" might be a universally welcomed menu background music track yell My view would be "nothing" would be a better default.

Here are a couple of templates that contain a music track called "nothing" (it's silent). You can leave it as is, or replace the audio with your own selection. The .wav file is attached here for your listening pleasure laughing

6 menu buttons - no audio

12 menu buttons - no audio

Cheers - Tony

Thanks. I have a template that I spent a lot of time on that I want to use for multiple projects. I would like to be able to open it without it having crappy music put in. Can I put a silent file in there and save it like that? Will that stop the default file from being inserted?
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi again -

My recollection of that is "YES". There are probably more elegant ways to do it, but I just renamed the "nothing" file to "Sports".

Here's how you can trick it permanently (till you get a different version of PDR at least).

Attached is a file called "Sports.wma" (it's actually "nothing" in disguise)

1. Go to C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector17\Template\New\Audio (or whatever drive you have PDR installed)

2. In the Audio folder, replace "Sports.wma" with the one I've attached.

Any new menu template you create will have (in effect) no audio background.

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
Sports.wma
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
52 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
187 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Dynochrome [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi again -

My recollection of that is "YES". There are probably more elegant ways to do it, but I just renamed the "nothing" file to "Sports".

Here's how you can trick it permanently (till you get a different version of PDR at least).

Attached is a file called "Sports.wma" (it's actually "nothing" in disguise)

1. Go to C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector17\Template\New\Audio (or whatever drive you have PDR installed)

2. In the Audio folder, replace "Sports.wma" with the one I've attached.

Any new menu template you create will have (in effect) no audio background.

Cheers - Tony

Thank you so much for the help and getting me to find the solutiopn that suits me. After I understood that each menu has its own audio folder, I went into it and put a .wma file called "blank.wma" in there then redirected the xml file to read blank in the three instances seen. Seems to have worked. I eperimented putting a blank .wav file there but it didn't work. Once I deleted sports from the file if the audio I used was not .wma it would default to some other crap music so etier it did not like a .wav file in there or the xml pointed to a .wma file somewhere I did not see. (I was not using a XML editor) and I had blank.wav in the xml when I tried that. No error mesages it just switched to something else. Once I put blanl.wma in the xml and file it worked fine as far as I can tell. I still wish I just could have the program stop automatically putting ANY music in!