Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Error msg: Disk type not supported
Bernard P Williams [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 21, 2017 22:31 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Attempted to burn BD disk. Have successfully done this in the past. Recently updated PD 16, no problem with disks (tried 3). Am using right region. Any suggestions on how to fix? Bernie
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
That's usually a config issue, posting a screen shot of your 2D disk tab in "Create Disc" should shed some light. You can always burn to a folder with "Create a folder" in the "Burn in 2D" area and then use Windows to burn contents to BD with basic Windows explorer.

Jeff
[Post New]
Quote That's usually a config issue, posting a screen shot of your 2D disk tab in "Create Disc" should shed some light. You can always burn to a folder with "Create a folder" in the "Burn in 2D" area and then use Windows to burn contents to BD with basic Windows explorer.

Jeff

Attached is a screen shot
[Thumb - fullsizeoutput_1639.jpeg]
 Filename
fullsizeoutput_1639.jpeg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
73 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
8 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 08. 2019 04:31

Bernie
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Attached is a screen shot

Bernard – By now you probably already fixed the problem. See the attached screenshot of the 2D Disc tab requested. I have duplicated the issue. This screenshot shows the configuration settings on the left which can be used to determine the issue.

See what is highlighted on the left side of the screen and make the changes to fit the disc.

EDIT: Your PD16 Final Burn screen looks different from from what I have seen in the past. You may have an OEM or reduced version of PD16.
[Thumb - 2D Disc tab.jpg]
 Filename
2D Disc tab.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
A screenshot of the 2D Disc tab can show the issue.
 Filesize
339 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 08. 2019 08:42

[Post New]
First, thanks very much, I just had to configure settings properly. However I still have a issue buring Blue Ray. Standard definition seems to work fine. Am able to complete a blue ray burning about 30% of the time however the disks either cannot be read in my OPPO player and/or they smear up and lock up. Get this error msg when disks do not burn at all. I am guessing that the cyberlink software might be corrupted?
[Thumb - fullsizeoutput_163e.jpeg]
 Filename
fullsizeoutput_163e.jpeg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
27 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
Bernie
[Post New]
Quote First, thanks very much, I just had to configure settings properly. However I still have a issue buring Blue Ray. Standard definition seems to work fine. Am able to complete a blue ray burning about 30% of the time however the disks either cannot be read in my OPPO player and/or they smear up and lock up. Get this error msg when disks do not burn at all. I am guessing that the cyberlink software might be corrupted?

As an update, I just tried burning to a folder and got the same error msg. Bernie
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Am able to complete a blue ray burning about 30% of the time however the disks either cannot be read in my OPPO player and/or they smear up and lock up. Get this error msg when disks do not burn at all. I am guessing that the cyberlink software might be corrupted?

Glad that a simple configuration change solved it for you this time.

A 30% success rate is okay for you but I think 70% might be better. You could start a diary and note what changes you must do in making the right changes to the configuration to boost the success rate. See this FAQ: https://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=12808 . Number 7 is important. My diary said a cloud driver update caused and reversal solved the problem for me a few years ago. Yours can be different so a diary of configuration changes you made can help immensely.
maira2 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 10, 2019 21:16 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Just tried burning to a folder and got the same error msg. Any update on this?
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Mira2 – Sure. A few years ago, I have checked both Create a Folder and Burn to disc. The disc burn failed with the error message that Bernard posted and the authoring (Create a folder) failed at 99% but the folder is completed. This allow anyone to burn the folder to disc using say Power2Go, ImgBurn, etc. Keep a diary of your pc configuration so you know what to do.