Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Magic Movie Wizard duplicates media on timeline?
KSheldon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 04, 2017 11:31 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I'm using PowerDirector 15 to make a movie from a large number of vacation photos. When I use Movie Magic Wizard, the preview shows each photo twice--say, zooming in slightly, then zooming out. I really don't need to see each photo twice, but I don't see any option to change this. Suggestions?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Magic movie behavior cannot be changed. The Magic style and Theme Designer for the same theme can give you full control on what is displayed and eliminate repeats and duplication of the same photos. Try Magic Style first. It works very well for me.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 05. 2019 11:59

KSheldon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 04, 2017 11:31 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks. Magic Style worked better, but it only included about 1/2 to 2/3 of the images and cut off videos. Best I can hope for, I guess.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thanks. Magic Style worked better, but it only included about 1/2 to 2/3 of the images and cut off videos. Best I can hope for, I guess.

I was hoping that an experienced Magic user would reply to your question. I don’t use it enough. You did not state in your original post which Magic Movie template you were using or that you were using video too. The behavior is different with each template. Some include Theme Designer and allow you to remove the duplication. If you have several hundred photos they may be too hard to remember which has been played already.

Don't have the problem you stated above with Magic Style. Every image I selected get used at least with the Grid template.

It may be better to contact Cyberlink Support and explain what you want to do. An expert there may be able to help tremendously, and it would be great if you post their suggestion here for all to see. This would help other users who may have the same issues.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 05. 2019 21:10