Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio on timeline not in sync with video
Lionf96 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 14, 2018 13:30 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
The app is pretty much unusable for me and has been for years because spearate audio tracks is do not sync with other tracks. I've tried on a Galaxy S8, Acer Chromebook R11 and also Galaxy S10. They all exhibit the exact same issue. Playing from different sections in the timelime gets out of sync differently. Anyone else experiencing this.

This happens with every single project.
Brian5055 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 28, 2019 15:19 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem too - audio starts about 1 minute early and continues 1 about 1 minute early - makes editing impossible - latest version - tried MP3 and WAV, gone thru all the youtube videos - no luck - been using it for years to make much the same sort of video

Can't really use the software!
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have the same problem too - audio starts about 1 minute early and continues 1 about 1 minute early - makes editing impossible - latest version - tried MP3 and WAV, gone thru all the youtube videos - no luck - been using it for years to make much the same sort of video

Can't really use the software!

If you'd like the forum community to help, please upload a source clip that has this issue to Google Drive, DropBox, OneDrive, etc. and paste the link to it here.

Maybe the audio and video aren't perfectly in sync in the source clip, and we can offer some ways to sort that out. We can also help determine if the problem might be with your computer, installed codecs, or other settings.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 28. 2019 15:42

Brian5055 [Avatar]
[Post New]

If you'd like the forum community to help, please upload a source clip that has this issue to Google Drive, DropBox, OneDrive, etc. and paste the link to it here.

Maybe the audio and video aren't perfectly in sync in the source clip, and we can offer some ways to sort that out. We can also help determine if the problem might be with your computer, installed codecs, or other settings.

Here is the liknk - audio comes in WAY too early then it speeds up - I have made over 100 video with this and never had a problem

I tried opening several old P. Director files and they do the same. Turned off Hardware Acceleration and deleted temp file - no change - V. 16 No updates available

https://drive.google.com/open?id=10oCLnf-B7OU7Y2SsFJiAKdteEBy1jR2f

thanks Brian
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the screen recording. Have you tried producing it as-is and see if the audio is in sync in the produced version? I realize you can't make the proper edits as things currently stand, but this will help narrow down the possible suspects.

I originally asked for a copy of the source clip (not a screen recording), but seeing that this is a clearly project level issue, I'd like to ask you to pack the entire project (File > Pack Project Materials...) to a Google Drive folder so other people can open it up and test it. If you're not comfortable doing that, you may want to open a support ticket directly with tech support.

You've also posted on an existing thread in the PD Mobile forum, but your recording shows that you're using the full/desktop version. What is the exact version number? Please read this sticky thread, and supply that along info with the DxDiag results so we can try and help you further.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Brian5055 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Thanks for the screen recording. Have you tried producing it as-is and see if the audio is in sync in the produced version? I realize you can't make the proper edits as things currently stand, but this will help narrow down the possible suspects.

I originally asked for a copy of the source clip (not a screen recording), but seeing that this is a clearly project level issue, I'd like to ask you to pack the entire project (File > Pack Project Materials...) to a Google Drive folder so other people can open it up and test it. If you're not comfortable doing that, you may want to open a support ticket directly with tech support.

You've also posted on an existing thread in the PD Mobile forum, but your recording shows that you're using the full/desktop version. What is the exact version number? Please read this sticky thread, and supply that along info with the DxDiag results so we can try and help you further.

Hi - not sure about mobile thread? anyway on desktop - here are all the files in ZIP - hope that works

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wx7OyxDDNAvnXT6NCzUo2fPjM87a3ZlP

the produced file is NOT out of sync. thanks again for fast response - much appreciated
optodata
[Post New]
Thanks for the project files. I don't have PD16 any longer, but I can open the project and things play successfully over here in PD18. There's a weird bug though, if I have the project's Audio channels: set to 5.10 Surround because it makes the woman's vocals play veeeerrrrryyyy slowly and she sounds like a man with a very deep bass voice.

By chance is that what you have on your end, or is it set to Stereo?

Try changing it and see if that affects the problem in any way, for better or worse.

If not, and since the problem is clearly only on the preview side, and since even your older projects seem to be affected by this issue, I think we need to know more about your computer. Can you please follow the steps here and run the DxDiag test and attach the results?
Brian5055 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Thanks for the project files. I don't have PD16 any longer, but I can open the project and things play successfully over here in PD18. There's a weird bug though, if I have the project's Audio channels: set to 5.10 Surround because it makes the woman's vocals play veeeerrrrryyyy slowly and she sounds like a man with a very deep bass voice.

By chance is that what you have on your end, or is it set to Stereo?

Try changing it and see if that affects the problem in any way, for better or worse.

If not, and since the problem is clearly only on the preview side, and since even your older projects seem to be affected by this issue, I think we need to know more about your computer. Can you please follow the steps here and run the DxDiag test and attach the results?

I am on Stereo - I tried surround and no change here is the diag file thanks!
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
84 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
421 time(s)
optodata
[Post New]
Ok. That 5.1 bug first appeared in PD17 and it still seems to be present, so I'm glad that isn't affecting PD16.

The DxDiag looks ok, although there have been several nVidia drivers released since you last updated in July. Here's the latest version for your GT 740.

I wanted to try changing the audio files, so I used AudioDirector to boost the sound level by 1dB and then used the new .wav files in the project.

To test this out, please follow these steps exactly:

1. Locate the folder where your 4 .wav files for this project are located

2. Rename each one with a simple change, like ExtraEdge1.wav. As long as each name is different from the original, this will work

3. Download this zip file, then extract the 4 new .wav files to the same folder as above

4. Open PD and this project again, and see if the new audio clips make any difference

5. If not, you can close PD, delete the new audio clips, and rename the original clips so nothing will have changed

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Brian5055 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Ok. That 5.1 bug first appeared in PD17 and it still seems to be present, so I'm glad that isn't affecting PD16.

The DxDiag looks ok, although there have been several nVidia drivers released since you last updated in July. Here's the latest version for your GT 740.

I wanted to try changing the audio files, so I used AudioDirector to boost the sound level by 1dB and then used the new .wav files in the project.

To test this out, please follow these steps exactly:

1. Locate the folder where your 4 .wav files for this project are located

2. Rename each one with a simple change, like ExtraEdge1.wav. As long as each name is different from the original, this will work

3. Download this zip file, then extract the 4 new .wav files to the same folder as above

4. Open PD and this project again, and see if the new audio clips make any difference

5. If not, you can close PD, delete the new audio clips, and rename the original clips so nothing will have changed

Hi -- installed new drivers and tested quickly - seems to have fixed thanks!