Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Multiple computers
Joanne Lendaro [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 23, 2019 16:16 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I do editing on desktop and sometimes on laptop, do I need to purchase two keys for the program or will one key work on both computers? I did a search and the only posting I found was "no" from a user and a "yes" but then gave links to the Power Director. I am a hobbiest and looking at purchasing the Photo Director only. Coming from Picasa I'm finding the trial version pretty easy to navigate. Thanks!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 23. 2019 16:22

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I do editing on desktop and sometimes on laptop, do I need to purchase two keys for the program or will one key work on both computers? I did a search and the only posting I found was "no" from a user and a "yes" but then gave links to the Power Director. I am a hobbiest and looking at purchasing the Photo Director only. Coming from Picasa I'm finding the trial version pretty easy to navigate. Thanks!

There shouldn't be any question, because the policy is the same for both products and it solely depends on whether you buy the stand alone (perpetual/lifetime license) or the subscription version. The terms are spelled out clearly here.

If you buy the perpetual license, you're only allowed to install PhD (or the entire suite) on a single computer. If you have a laptop and desktop and want to use any of the programs on both, you will need to buy 2 licenses to comply with the terms.

If you buy the subscription version, you are allowed to install the program (and suite) on more than one computer provided that you are the sole user and you don't operate them simultaneously.

If you're still uncertain as to which version to buy, the feature comparison page may help.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 23. 2019 16:50

Joanne Lendaro [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 23, 2019 16:16 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]

There shouldn't be any question, because the policy is the same for both products and it solely depends on whether you buy the stand alone (perpetual/lifetime license) or the subscription version. The terms are spelled out clearly here.

If you buy the perpetual license, you're only allowed to install PhD (or the entire suite) on a single computer. If you have a laptop and desktop and want to use any of the programs on both, you will need to buy 2 licenses to comply with the terms.

If you buy the subscription version, you are allowed to install the program (and suite) on more than one computer provided that you are the sole user and you don't operate them simultaneously.

If you're still uncertain as to which version to buy, the feature comparison page may help.

Thank you!