Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 17 error code 2
Tomas G77
Member Location: Ayrshire Joined: Jun 13, 2008 08:54 Messages: 100 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all just purchased the PD17 Ultra today because it says it handles 4k ??

I just installed the programe I have the Fuji X-T3 CAMERA so that is the video files i have to use they are
( 24p 4096 x 2160 HVEC 264 )

Error code 2 can anyone advise me on this please,

I'am useing win10/64bit nivida drivers, all updated to the latest also using ssd-drives, 64gig ram,

so done my homework and PD got a good review, but looking not so good at this moment in time,

but 4k seems to have a problem

I tried it with the shadow files get audio no picture, tried without shadow files audio no picture,

tried with hardware enabled no joy disabled hardware no joy,

any help much appreciated Thank you

Tom

update
I have just sent an email to Cyberlink regarding the Media error code 2,

they do no about this I'm sure,
its just gettin a fix i hope its soon i can not be botherd with the hassel of getting a refund etc.

Tom

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 23. 2019 13:45

Thomas G
I'm a 33yr old trapped in a 69yr old body
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi all just purchased the PD17 Ultra today because it says it handles 4k ??

I just installed the programe I have the Fuji X-T3 CAMERA so that is the video files i have to use they are
( 24p 4096 x 2160 HVEC 264 )

Error code 2 can anyone advise me on this please,

I'am useing win10/64bit nivida drivers, all updated to the latest also using ssd-drives, 64gig ram,

so done my homework and PD got a good review, but looking not so good at this moment in time,

but 4k seems to have a problem

I tried it with the shadow files get audio no picture, tried without shadow files audio no picture,

tried with hardware enabled no joy disabled hardware no joy,

any help much appreciated Thank you

Tom

update
I have just sent an email to Cyberlink regarding the Media error code 2,

they do no about this I'm sure,
its just gettin a fix i hope its soon i can not be botherd with the hassel of getting a refund etc.

Tom

Check in Set user, Preferences, Hardware Acceleration:
Make Opmize your GPU's, if not solve.
Uncheck the box, Enable Hardware Decoder
If it does not resolve, maybe other video drivers versions will fix.
Some problems can be solved by installing an Encoder / Decoder package like this one, K-Lite Codec Pack

See this topic may be your case https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/79298.page

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 23. 2019 14:52

XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
The best way to get support from fellow members here is to follow the steps listed in the Read Me Before Posting sticky thread. It's important that you attach the DxDiag results as well as a screenshot showing all of the icons on PD's version screen:

You may also want to consider uploading a short sample clip to a cloud folder and pasting the link to it here so other members can test the clip for compatibility on their systems.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Tomas G77
[Post New]
Hi again and Thank you for the replies,

i will try and attach some files here is the dxdiag

also error code attached plus one more

I have been doing some tests with pd17 Ultra so far this morning i done some 15seconds of video on my X-T3

I HAVE h264 4096 x2160 files that will import into pd17 and play sound only when i put on timeline error code 2 comes up

tried with shadow files and without just the same also done the optimise Graphics

here is the strand thing i also done a short clip using h265 AND THE PLAY OK with shadow and without

so the problem seems to be with the H264 files i done the video this morning within seconds of each other

h264 WILL NOT work audio onle and the H265 will work

any advice welcome.

so far Cyberlink help is well not very good in the fact that when you write to them and tell them your P.C./Laptop is up to speck

and you have 64gig ram and use SSD - DRIVES and a 6820HK processor they come back and ask STUPID questions that you have

already answered,

i don't think they read what you write half the tme,

and my files open in other programes i copyed them to thum driive and tried them on another P.C/Laptop

the H264 FILES open in Prem Pro, Davinci Resolve,

i would uplode a 15sec sample

here if i could but its 1.25GIG

maybe someone with the X-T 3 could try h264 4k L-Gop 24F and then try PD 17 and let me know if it works

why would H265 work and H264 Not work

Anyway ranted enough all help appreciated

i will keep you posted with Cyberlink help and what they say??
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
98 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
248 time(s)
[Thumb - PD INFO.jpg]
 Filename
PD INFO.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
960 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)
[Thumb - ERROR CODE 2  INFO.jpg]
 Filename
ERROR CODE 2 INFO.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1307 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
Thomas G
Tomas G77
[Post New]
hI again carried out more test's on PD17 and X-T3

I done two short videos this morning about 15sec long

settings are H264 and H265 4K 16.9 Long Gop 24p

straight from mem/card to desktop then opened Pd 17

the H264 files won't play it plays audio only, the H265 plays fine

so my next step was to convert the H264 so I purchased Pavtube video converter,

i converted the H264 to mp4 highest quality 24p 4096 x 2160 kept the same settings so the H264 NOW play fine

why wont the H264 play when I import them to PD 17 just don't understand this

and the H265 files play fine. baffles me.

mabey some one with the Fuji X-T3 could try the same using the settings i have mentioned above

anyway i will let you all know what cyberlink tech say thought i would not think they will get to the bottom of this sooon

Thank you all for the response and positive comments

anyone with advice as i said i have purchased Pav/converter and its very good in my opinion.

Tom G Thomas G
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Having no sample files to work with, I found that videos are recorded in h.264/5 at 100, 200, 400 Mbps in 8/10 bits for k.264/5 respectively according to this review page for the Fuji X-T3: https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fujifilm-x-t3/10 . Downloaded the sample h.265 video sample which is 2.74 GB for a 55 sec. It crashes VLC but loaded and played properly on my PD17. Did not download the ProRes sample at 7.4 GB as you have already found a solution using the Pavtube video converter.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I have a different outcome on my machine. VLC takes a few seconds to start playing, but it's able to play the 2.75GB sample movie:

However, VLC cannot properly play the 7.4GB ProRes clip, so it's somewhat surprising that I can actually work with both sample clips in PD17 without any modifications or conversions:

Filename
MediaInfo ProRes422.txt
[Disk]
 Description
MediaInfo details
 Filesize
4 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
220 time(s)
 Filename
MediaInfo H.265.txt
[Disk]
 Description
MediaInfo details
 Filesize
4 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
232 time(s)

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

optodata
[Post New]
Quote I done two short videos this morning about 15sec long
settings are H264 and H265 4K 16.9 Long Gop 24p
straight from mem/card to desktop then opened Pd 17
the H264 files won't play it plays audio only, the H265 plays fine

Tom G, can you please upload the H.264 clip to OneDrive, Google Drive, DropBox, etc.? The key is seeing and working with the actual clip.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 25. 2019 20:22

YouTube/optodata

Tomas G77
[Post New]

Tom G, can you please upload the H.264 clip to OneDrive, Google Drive, DropBox, etc.? The key is seeing and working with the actual clip.

I have sent you a private message Opotdata

here is a link to the Test H264 footage anyone can try and see if it plays in PD 17 its straight from mem card

and i find the only way to play is by converting it to MP4 BUT i dont have to convert if its H265

so i guess its a different codec here is the link if i could find a way to paste it sorry

wont let me paste link so it will have to be sent if i have an email address i think unless someone can advise me another way

Tom G

Tom G

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 28. 2019 06:28

Thomas G
optodata
[Post New]
Quote I have sent you a private message Opotdata
wont let me paste link so it will have to be sent if i have an email address i think unless someone can advise me another way

I got your PM, and I'd like to try to get the clip shared directly in this thread first. Please take a look at this short video that shows how to paste the Google Drive link here:

If you still have trouble, I'll get the clip from you directly and will share it from my OneDrive folder.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 28. 2019 12:22

YouTube/optodata

Tomas G77
[Post New]

I got your PM, and I'd like to try to get the clip shared directly in this thread first. Please take a look at this short video that shows how to paste the Google Drive link here:

If you still have trouble, I'll get the clip from you directly and will share it from my OneDrive folder.

here is the link to H264 fuji file

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1f5dVT1CzUHYU2xsKbJop86ik89jwZEev/view?usp=sharing Thomas G
optodata
[Post New]
Thanks very much for sharing the clip! Like you, I have black/blank video with only the audio working in PD.

I had QuickTime installed from one of my earlier PD versions, and I tried uninstalling that and using QT Lite and trying some of the various settings in that app, but nothing I did would get the clip to work properly in PD. The clip plays fine in VLC, Windows Media Player, Win10's Movies & TV app, by the way.

This is similar to another clip issue (from a dashcam back in Jan), and Cyberlink released an update to deal with the issue.

It seems likely that this will also require a patch to resolve, so please open a support ticket and include the URL of this post in your message (Cyberlink tech support doesn't monitor this forum). Please post back with the ticket number to close the loop.

In the meantime, using your workaround method, or changing the camera setttings to record in H.265 are probably the best options.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 28. 2019 14:36

YouTube/optodata

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
The downloaded .MOV file display black video in WMP and in QT7 player but with audio. Displays properly in VLC but not at all in my iPad Pro. There is a x-T3 firmware ver 3 update at the Fuji Global site but it does not address file compatibility.

I do wonder where will I use 400 Mbps video as the iPhone 4k video bitrate is a fraction of this.
Tomas G77
[Post New]
Quote Thanks very much for sharing the clip! Like you, I have black/blank video with only the audio working in PD.

I had QuickTime installed from one of my earlier PD versions, and I tried uninstalling that and using QT Lite and trying some of the various settings in that app, but nothing I did would get the clip to work properly in PD. The clip plays fine in VLC, Windows Media Player, Win10's Movies & TV app, by the way.

This is similar to another clip issue (from a dashcam back in Jan), and Cyberlink released an update to deal with the issue.

It seems likely that this will also require a patch to resolve, so please open a support ticket and include the URL of this post in your message (Cyberlink tech support doesn't monitor this forum). Please post back with the ticket number to close the loop.

In the meantime, using your workaround method, or changing the camera setttings to record in H.265 are probably the best options.

thanks Optodata for having a look i have already taken the issue up with Cyberlink support

they are so FRUSTRATING to deal with but i won't go into that here

i sent them a link to the Test vide and everything else they require

i think they know there is a bug,

but thats just my opinion and its the codec used in my opinion

Thanks again

Tom G Thomas G