Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD17/365 - Error 2
DMac [Avatar]
Newbie Location: UK Joined: May 18, 2019 07:05 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Purchased PD16 yesterday from Amazon, downloaded/installed/uninstalled three times due to an error that kept cropping up everytime I tried to edit a video:

Media Source Error(Error Code2). A media file in your project may not fully comply with the file format.........

I have the KLite codec pack installed, so uninstalled that, and tried again, same error (then reinstalled KLite again).

I then tried a different MP4 file, same error, then an MKV file, same error again.

My thought process here was that it was either a codec or corrupted installation issue.

Next, having gone through removing codecs and then reinstalling them was to purchase/download PD17/365. Downloaded/installed and exactly the same error again with MP4/MKV files.

I've contacted Technical Supoort with the issue but have also jumped on here to see if anyone has a suggestion in the interim.

Operating system - Windows 10 (up to date)
Ram - 24Gb
Video Card - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (driver up to date)

I've attached the PD17 error screen shot, the DirectX debug file and the PD17 downloaded error report.

Many thanks.
[Thumb - 2019-05-18_21-44-28.jpg]
 Filename
2019-05-18_21-44-28.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
PD17 Error Screen Shot
 Filesize
72 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)
 Filename
error1.txt
[Disk]
 Description
PD17 Saved Error
 Filesize
510 bytes
 Downloaded:
170 time(s)
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DirectX Dump
 Filesize
96 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
183 time(s)
PowerDirector Tutorials
Senior Member Location: Tennessee Joined: Sep 29, 2014 20:25 Messages: 192 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem with the canon EOS R when I record in 4K which they have asked for the 4K file. So I am expecting and upgrade and I run PD 17.

What camera are U using to record the video and is it 4K? PowerDirector Tutorials Team
DMac [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I have the same problem with the canon EOS R when I record in 4K which they have asked for the 4K file. So I am expecting and upgrade and I run PD 17.

What camera are U using to record the video and is it 4K?

Certainly not a 4K related issue.

I've installed PD16/17 to assist with the editing of old family recordings on VHS tapes. I've didgitised about 8 years worth of videos (100 hours+) from a panasoic camera into .MP4 clips and now want to sort/store/share with family members in a media format that is currently useable.
PowerDirector Tutorials
Senior Member Location: Tennessee Joined: Sep 29, 2014 20:25 Messages: 192 Offline
[Post New]

Certainly not a 4K related issue.

I've installed PD16/17 to assist with the editing of old family recordings on VHS tapes. I've didgitised about 8 years worth of videos (100 hours+) from a panasoic camera into .MP4 clips and now want to sort/store/share with family members in a media format that is currently useable.

Have tried loading it into another editor and if that works compile it and then see if it loads into PD?

Sound to me you have done everything you can do with PD with codecs etc.

Have you tried converting one mp4 to and avi and see if that works?

Being my issue is totally different then yours I am starting to think its with how they read mp4 files. PowerDirector Tutorials Team
DMac [Avatar]
[Post New]

Have tried loading it into another editor and if that works compile it and then see if it loads into PD?

Sound to me you have done everything you can do with PD with codecs etc.

Have you tried converting one mp4 to and avi and see if that works?

Being my issue is totally different then yours I am starting to think its with how they read mp4 files.

Recompiled in another program from MP4 to MP4 (different frame size), loaded back into PD, same error.

Recompiled from MP4 to MKV, then into PD, same error again.

However, pulled an old AVI file into PD, that works fine!
DMac [Avatar]
[Post New]
I've found a work-around, but not ideal.

Not only are AVI files OK but those in H265 format are as well, so my workaround is:

Load the MP4 video file into PD and without trying to do anything to the file content, save it (Produce) in H265 format, fairly quick process.

Then take the newly saved H265 format video file and load it back into PD, then I can manipulate the content without errors.

Waiting to see what technical support come back with during the week.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Load the MP4 video file into PD and without trying to do anything to the file content, save it (Produce) in H265 format, fairly quick process.

Then take the newly saved H265 format video file and load it back into PD, then I can manipulate the content without errors.

Can you upload a sample clip to a cloud folder, then paste the link here? That way other people can test the clip on their systems and help determine if the issue is the clip itself or how your system is configured.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
DMac [Avatar]
[Post New]
Solved.

Run PD17 as Administrator on Windows solved the issue for me.

Right click the desktop icon and select 'Run as Administrator'.

You can also right click the desktop icon, select properties then select the advanced tab at the bottom, and then put a tick in the 'Run as Administrator' box. This will permanently select the program to run with administrator privileges.

Phew, was getting worried there for a moment.