Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
FilmConvert Plug-in OFX
JOF [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 19, 2019 01:38 Messages: 31 Offline
[Post New]
Is this plug-in usable in PowerDirector 17?
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Is this plug-in usable in PowerDirector 17?

Is it listed as being compatible? Isn't it more of a modifier for plug-ins?

Why do you need it?

For best result, tell us more.

Put as much time into your question as you expect the person replying to spend providing the answer.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 22. 2019 12:43

JOF [Avatar]
[Post New]

Is it listed as being compatible? Isn't it more of a modifier for plug-ins?

Why do you need it?

For best result, tell us more.

Put as much time into your question as you expect the person replying to spend providing the answer.

FIlmConvert is a Film Emulation plug-in. It is designed to emulate the color and grain of popular film stocks from Kodak and Fuji.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
...and ?

For a reasonable answer with your minimum input , contact Tech Service @ Cyberlink or OFX.

Remember this is a users group and perhaps no one has needed to use it yet.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 22. 2019 13:49

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote FIlmConvert is a Film Emulation plug-in. It is designed to emulate the color and grain of popular film stocks from Kodak and Fuji.

You haven't told us which version of PD you have, and different packages come with different effects.

There is a standard effect called Fine Noise that's included with every package, and some PD versions will also have BorisFX Film Style, which has several FX that may accomplish your goal.
JOF [Avatar]
[Post New]

You haven't told us which version of PD you have, and different packages come with different effects.

There is a standard effect called Fine Noise that's included with every package, and some PD versions will also have BorisFX Film Style, which has several FX that may accomplish your goal.

I'm using PD17. and yes I've tried the Fine Noise effect but it doesn't work. I've been using several LUTs which work pretty well, but I was curious if anyone has used the FilmConvert product here. Thank you all.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I'm using PD17. and yes I've tried the Fine Noise effect but it doesn't work. I've been using several LUTs which work pretty well, but I was curious if anyone has used the FilmConvert product here. Thank you all.

If you don't have BorisFX, you may want to look at Pixelan's CreativEase plug-in, which includes GrainPlus