Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to Insert Image in scrolling credits
cotsy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 22, 2018 12:21 Messages: 45 Offline
[Post New]
I using one of the standard credits scroll Titles and would like to add an image in the middle of text. Ideas?

Thanks much as always.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I using one of the standard credits scroll Titles and would like to add an image in the middle of text. Ideas?

Thanks much as always.

Since you can't insert an image into the text field, you'll need to be a little creative. Here's what I'd do:

1. Make your scrolling text title first, then leave as many blank lines needed to create a space for your image

2. Time how long it takes for a line to fully cross the screen (NOTE: changing the duration of the title or increasing/reducing any lines will affect the scrolling speed, so finish the text before worrying about the timing)

3. Drag your image onto the timeline and set its duration to match the text space, or maybe make it a little shorter. Remember that PD's timeline counter format is mm:ss:ff, so if you need a duration of 4.5 sec and your project's framerate is 30 frames per second, the duration would need to be 4:15 (4 sec + 15 frames)

4. Move the image to the appropriate timeline position so that it appears (statically, full screen) right when you want it to make its appearance in the scrolling text, and then make sure the clip ends just as the blank space in the text leaves the top of the screen

5. Open the image in the PiP Designer, and with the scrubber at the start of the clip, set the Position Y box to 0 (or drag the clip content to the very bottom of the screen). Make sure that a Position keyframe is placed, or click on the Position keyframe icon (a slim diamond) to create one

6. Drag the scrubber to the very end of the clip, and then set the Position Y value to 1 (or drag the content to the very top of the screen)

That should do it! You can tweak the timeline position, scale and duration to get everything aligned, and you may want to set the preview resolution to HD or lower (or use non-realtime preview mode) to make sure you have the timing accurate.
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Have a look at Titler Pro. Initially I would go for the same approach as Optodata has described. He is usually right:
But I have just tried titler Pro 1.5 (that come with PD) and inserted text and applied a roll and scroll animation effect from the library. I left enough space in the text for images. Then I inserted images (file, import images), and applied the same roll and scroll effect to the images as well.
Then it comes to placing these images at the right place in the texts. Texts and images are not really inserted as one group, which takes some extra work because each time you move the text around, you need to look at whether the images are still in the right place. But..... the effect works.
Let me know whether this works for you too.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 09. 2019 05:34

cotsy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 22, 2018 12:21 Messages: 45 Offline
[Post New]
You guys are great. I would have never thought of this. It works. Thanks for you willingness to help us newbies.

Dave
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote You guys are great. I would have never thought of this. It works. Thanks for you willingness to help us newbies.

Dave

That's literally why we volunteer here! Even though I've been active here for years, I still learn new things from other members, like Warry's suggestion to use Titler Pro.

I guess that's two good reasons to stay engaged with this community!
Philwild [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Hemel Hempstead, UK Joined: Oct 05, 2017 12:04 Messages: 208 Offline
[Post New]

That's literally why we volunteer here! Even though I've been active here for years, I still learn new things from other members, like Warry's suggestion to use Titler Pro.

I guess that's two good reasons to stay engaged with this community!

Totally agree Optodata. I read the forums every day to see what I can learn.