Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Unsuccessful Burning of DVD
LEO STARRY SKY [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 07, 2019 12:36 Messages: 44 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I'm unable to burn a DVD successfully, error msg says some medias are missing but when I opened the timeline, there's something inside. I had wasted quite a number of blank DVDs trying to burn a DVD so can someone pls guide me on this? Thanks so much.
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi,
I'm unable to burn a DVD successfully, error msg says some medias are missing but when I opened the timeline, there's something inside. I had wasted quite a number of blank DVDs trying to burn a DVD so can someone pls guide me on this? Thanks so much.

The media in the timeline (which you have SEEN during the editing) is likely not the cause. There may be sound tracks in the menus, there may be inages (or even video) in the menus etc.
The steps I would take to determine a possible error are

• simply produce the timeline. See whether it produces a good video file. I would relect the DVD "standard" MPEG2 to be sure that this works.

• I would test the created menu sctructure by playing it via the preview button

• I would then look for possible details in the error msg, does it say which media is missing? (You can start here too:)

• And to not wasting any more blank DVDs I would not burn the output at once but create a ISO file (cab be easier to copy to DVD with a DVD burning utility, or a folder (may be easier to check by accessing the files in the folder

Hope this helps a bit. DVD buring errors can be not so easy to solve ;-(