Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Director 12 not detecting VCR (capture from TV signal)
mikee15 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 20, 2019 12:52 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Recently purchased the VC500 capture device to convert old VHS tapes to digital files. I'm using Power Director 12 on Windows 10 Home. I previously tested and was able to capture video from VHS on my Windows 7 laptop. I've followed the instructions to install the software and drivers, checked that the drivers were successfuly installed under Device Manager and have no opened Power Director 12.

I've tried plugging the physical component into multiple USB drives on the computer and all inputs Video/Audio inputs on the VCR. When I go to capture in the Full Feature Editor, the only options are the webcam (I have no webcam), microphone and the external/optical device.

Any tips on troubleshooting this?

Thanks!
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Don’t know about recently purchased VC500 but on their website only those with a higher serial number than whatever are compatible with windows 10. You can always just use your old win 7 laptop to do the capture. That PD12 may also work much better on that win 7 laptop too unless you obtain a later version of pd.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I
Quote Don’t know about recently purchased VC500 but on their website only those with a higher serial number than whatever are compatible with windows 10. You can always just use your old win 7 laptop to do the capture. That PD12 may also work much better on that win 7 laptop too unless you obtain a later version of pd.
Can you point to the reference on the serial numbers at DMM? HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Go to the Diamond website /Home/Diamond VC500/Details/Frequently Asked Questions/Is the VC500 Supported on Windows 10? It is the 15th one down from the top. See the attached.
Link here: https://www.diamondmm.com/faqs-video-capture/ .
[Thumb - barry.jpg]
 Filename
barry.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
VC500 FAQ #15
 Filesize
197 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
15 time(s)
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
That is a good tidbit of information to store away.
I use W10 for all my captures but most will agree XP and 7 are better, fewer problems.
Not sure what’s wrong here. Maybe S-video setting as opposed to RCA? Not home at the moment to look at that.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 20. 2019 18:33

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT