Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to move edited clips from one project to another
cotsy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 22, 2018 12:21 Messages: 45 Offline
[Post New]
I would like to move clips that have been edited in one project and use them in another. It is a simple cut and paste? Do I have to move the original full unedited clips from project A to B?

Thanks
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I would like to move clips that have been edited in one project and use them in another. It is a simple cut and paste? Do I have to move the original full unedited clips from project A to B?

Thanks

There are several options. The easiest may be your first choice, which is simply to copy the selected clips, then open or create the new project and paste them.

You can also insert an entire project onto the timeline of another project using the Insert Project command under the File menu. Under Preferences, you can choose to have the contents of the other project all appear on your current timeline (Expanded Project) or as a single block that you have to click on to enter (Nested Project).

Please note that there are some known issues when working with nested projects that may affect how well they work with the main timeline content, but for simple projects it can be a useful option.