Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can I import overlaying images at their exact size?
dankreider [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 07, 2014 13:06 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I recorded a guitar video and some chord diagrams, and I want to import those diagrams as an image overlay in the bottom right corner.

But when I import them, they fill the frame. I have to resize them manually by dragging, which gives inconsistent size results. (also, it's a pain to do this repeatedly).

Is there a way to import an image at its actual size, rather than having it fill the frame automatically? If not, is there a way to batch-select all the images at once and resize them the same?

Thanks!
Dan

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Apr 15. 2019 13:40

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Is there a way to import an image at its actual size, rather than having it fill the frame automatically? If not, is there a way to batch-select all the images at once and resize them the same?

Yes. PD assumes that every image you put on the timeline should be rescaled to fit the whole screen, which is usually the right call because image pixel sizes can vary so widely.

For your quest, simply size and place the first image exactly where you want it to appear on the screen, then right click and choose Copy Keyframe Attributes. Now place all of your other diagrams on the timeline, drag the selection rectangle around ("lasso") them, then right click on any one and choose Paste Keyframe Attributes. Voila, all the selected clips are formatted exactly the same

PD actually has two different clipboards, the main one that's used for content and can accept content from Windows, and a separate one for keyframe attributes. That means that you can do all kinds of normal editing and still paste the same keyframe attributes to other clips later on, as long as you don't close PD.
dankreider [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 07, 2014 13:06 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Perfect! Many thanks for the prompt reply.