Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Powerdirector suggestion
Big K. [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 30, 2018 15:21 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I look but I didn't find where may I post suggestions for future releases. So, I am doing it here.
I would like to have the option to scrub (move) entire timeline (all tracks) with something like shift+click like Camtasia has.

That is very useful in Camtasia, while in PD we must grab every single item on all the track to make space.

That is it.

I hope Cyberlink will make something like this possible.

Regards,

DG
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Ctrl A not a viable option for you? Or the mouse lasso?

From PD's File menu Rate Us & Provide Suggestions.

Jeff
Big K. [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Ctrl A not a viable option for you? Or the mouse lasso?

From PD's File menu Rate Us & Provide Suggestions.

Jeff

Hi Jeff.

Nope. That grabs averything.

We all need to make a hole sometimes in our project, and current way of doing it is not good.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Ctrl A grabs everything, correct, I thought that's what "entire timeline (all tracks)" would mean.

I guess lasso or deselect from Ctrl A might be an option for your partial select then.

Jeff
Big K. [Avatar]
[Post New]
That is the way I do it now. I guess you never used Camtasia so you cannot understand how useful is that click/move thing.
When You have 4-5 tracks full with many stuff it is easy to skip something that ruins your project. Then undo, and again,.. very time consuming.

I hope Cyberlink people will see it even if You don't.
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
I've never had the lasso miss anything, everything between the selection box get selected for possible move. A shift drop easily adds the selected content to a timeline and shifts all tracks to the right too, maybe that might help.

Simply put your suggestion to CL in the area provided earlier, PD's File menu Rate Us & Provide Suggestions.

Jeff
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi DG -

The difference between the two is how the playhead functions. In PDR it's necessary to either select timeline media to move it or insert other media to have it "ripple". In Camtasia, it's possible to place the playhead at a certain point then move everything to the right of the playhead.

To my knowledge, there's no combination of keys that can make PDR do anything similar.

As Jeff has pointed out, a suggestion that such a feature be incorporated into PDR can be put via File > Rate Us & Provide Suggestions.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Big K. [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi DG -

The difference between the two is how the playhead functions. In PDR it's necessary to either select timeline media to move it or insert other media to have it "ripple". In Camtasia, it's possible to place the playhead at a certain point then move everything to the right of the playhead.

To my knowledge, there's no combination of keys that can make PDR do anything similar.

As Jeff has pointed out, a suggestion that such a feature be incorporated into PDR can be put via File > Rate Us & Provide Suggestions.

Cheers - Tony

Tony, I did it. I don't hold my breath, but you never know.

Regards,

K.