Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Suddenly No Audio
[Post New]
Ugh... so all of a sudden today I have no audio in my Power Director 16 project timeline. Playback is silent and most audio controls are grayed out (ie Voice Over Room, Adjust Audio, etc.) Strangely... I can double-click a clip in a bin and then that audio plays fine. This is true for old projects as well.

Windows 10 did a "system update" last night so I'm wondering if that is the source of the problem. But... I'm not having any other problems with audio in other programs.

So... any ideas?

Thx.
[Post New]
Quote Ugh... so all of a sudden today I have no audio in my Power Director 16 project timeline. Playback is silent and most audio controls are grayed out (ie Voice Over Room, Adjust Audio, etc.) Strangely... I can double-click a clip in a bin and then that audio plays fine. This is true for old projects as well.

Windows 10 did a "system update" last night so I'm wondering if that is the source of the problem. But... I'm not having any other problems with audio in other programs.

So... any ideas?

Thx.

Nevermind... I somehow accidently turned on "Non Real-time Preview" mode. I didn't realize that setting would carry-over even if I didn't SAVE the project (and to old projects as well.)

All is good again.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Happy we could help... HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT