Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Compressing video to 4.7gb discs
HookeyLukey69 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 07, 2016 07:53 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Does anyone out there know if Power2Go version 12 can compress video files to fit on a standard 4.7gb disc without loss of quality?

I used to be able to do this perfctly well with DVD Shrink but ever since I went from a 32-bit PC to Windows 7 64-bit, I can't get the DVDShrink to work.

I'd consider purchasing Power2Go version 12 if it did this reliably as I like supporting Cyberlink having had so much use of their other products in the past.

Luke
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
DVD Shrink does work with win 10 64 bit according to the info found on the internet. You may need to install a later version. There will always be a recoding loss in quality regardless of which software you use. Look at it this way many users cannot tell the difference when a video file is compressed to a smaller file size using hardware encoding compared to that using smart rendering.

You can download a trial of P2Go to see if it fits your needs.
HookeyLukey69 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote DVD Shrink does work with win 10 64 bit according to the info found on the internet. You may need to install a later version. There will always be a recoding loss in quality regardless of which software you use. Look at it this way many users cannot tell the difference when a video file is compressed to a smaller file size using hardware encoding compared to that using smart rendering.

You can download a trial of P2Go to see if it fits your needs.

Yeah, I might have to go the trial route but I was hoping someone would already have tried it.

The DVD Shrink really did compress with great quality... I mean if there was a quality loss, I couldn't see it which may say something about my eyes LOL!

There seem to be a lot of "DVDShrink" sites out there purporting to be the original or the updated version and each one says they are the sole authentic one. Tellingly they charge where DVDShrink was freeware if I recall. I thought it had stopped being updated years ago?
sumerJ [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Nov 28, 2013 05:37 Messages: 377 Offline
[Post New]
Power2Go cannot shrink DVD video into 4.7gb disc.
PowerDVD Copy can, but it seems cyberlink has ended the sell.
HookeyLukey69 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Power2Go cannot shrink DVD video into 4.7gb disc.
PowerDVD Copy can, but it seems cyberlink has ended the sell.

Thanks for clearing that up. Do you know if PowerDVD Copy could do it with minimal/no quality loss like DVD Shrink?
sumerJ [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Nov 28, 2013 05:37 Messages: 377 Offline
[Post New]

Thanks for clearing that up. Do you know if PowerDVD Copy could do it with minimal/no quality loss like DVD Shrink?

Yes, PowerDVD Copy does the same thing as DVD Shrink, "no quality loss" to your eyes.
HookeyLukey69 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Yes, PowerDVD Copy does the same thing as DVD Shrink, "no quality loss" to your eyes.

In that case I'll maybe look into buying a copy of it on ebay or somewhere if it's discontinued with cyberlink. Hopefully it's compatible with Windows 7, 64-bit.

Really appreciate your help. Two thumbs up!