Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD Output Options
Golfister246 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 23, 2010 11:43 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
Can somebody tell me what the options are for outputting completed videos please? On my current ancient version I'm used to exporting to DVD for playback on my TV. However the majority of new laptops now dont seem to have disc drives and I'm sure tech has moved on. But I still need to be able to watch on TV. Thanks.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Good grief, man, what ancient version are you using? Here is a list of output options. Like any mainline editor these days you have a boatload of choices.
PD17 output options
So...what ancient version? I use an old PD12 in 32 bit to access lossless avi codecs, so you might want to consider keeping the old as well as progressing to the new.
[Thumb - PD17out-BtC.png]
 Filename
PD17out-BtC.png
[Disk]
 Description
PD17 output
 Filesize
103 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 27. 2019 15:36

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Golfister246 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks very much for this but as a not very techie, techie, I'm not sure that it answers my question? Part of my reason for using PD is to provide other people with short (30-40 mins) videos which I currently do via DVD. With my ancient PD version and steam driven laptop, this is easy. I can then "produce" and archive the films for myself and store them on an external drive.

If my new laptop doesn't have a disc drive, my question is - how do I use the new version of PD to achieve the same thing? The people I produce the DVD's for currently are not necessarily "friends" where I can share the film on Facebook or whatever ? Is the only option via Youtube? Not sure that would suit some of my "customers" as they prefer to watch on a TV and not all have the facility to connect TV to internet ?
Golfister246 [Avatar]
[Post New]
As an extra thought - would PD17 work with an external disc drive ie., does it still have the facility to export to a disc?
Thanks.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Quote As an extra thought - would PD17 work with an external disc drive ie., does it still have the facility to export to a disc?
Thanks.
Yes, you can add an external disc drive.
You can also export to all the formats that today's TVs play via thumbdrive. For sharing, other than Youtube or some other service, you might consider a free DropBox account and share the actual files for downloading by people that do NOT necessarily have a DropBox account. Of course DB is not the only cloud service, just an example. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Golfister246 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Great, thanks for your help.