Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
finalising disc ??
andybaz [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 18, 2012 16:38 Messages: 40 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, i cant see a option in PD10 to finalise my dvd when i have created then carried out the burn process - i am using DVD+R discs - does the programme finalise the dvd automatically ??

I cant see any options in the setting tab for SINGLE SESSION or MULTI SESSION where i can tick to activate etc.

Any views on this greatly appreaited, cheers andy

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 17. 2019 10:28

windows 7 64bit - powerdirector 10 ultra 64bit
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi, i cant see a option in PD10 to finalise my dvd when i have created then carried out the burn process - i am using DVD+R discs - does the programme finalise the dvd automatically ??

Yes it does.
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
I've never heard of a DVD (as opposed to DVD media being burned as a data disc) being created multi session. Were you thinking about mixed mode perhaps?
andybaz [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I've never heard of a DVD (as opposed to DVD media being burned as a data disc) being created multi session. Were you thinking about mixed mode perhaps?

I simply take my video footage, trim and add a little background music, then simply use the burn option on the create page in PD, not had problems before, did a dvd lastweek and found the borrowed DVD player i was using at the time wouldnt read the DVD but would play shop bought dvd's, so then i asked questions and some one mentioned finalising the disc ?

Now my own dvd player is working again .... i can play my dvd, so im assuming the borrowed player doesnt like the MAXELL DVD i was using.

Thank you to Tomasc for answering my question windows 7 64bit - powerdirector 10 ultra 64bit
andybaz [Avatar]
[Post New]

Yes it does.

Thank you windows 7 64bit - powerdirector 10 ultra 64bit
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
Thinking about it more carefully, the disc not having been finalised is a perfectly reasonable suggestion as is the idea of multi session recording - my own Sony HDD/DVD recorder does it undecided sealed
andybaz [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'm currently working on the idea that the player i borrowed didnt like the MAXEL+R dvd as not had any issues with dvds before and as there is no option listed in PD10 i assume it finalises all dvds and as TOMASC commented: yes it does.

When the disc after dvd burn process is played back into pc - click on my computer and it shows the dvd is full, doesnt matter wether the dvd footage is 1hr long or 30mins long, they all show full - unable to add any further material etc. windows 7 64bit - powerdirector 10 ultra 64bit
andybaz [Avatar]
[Post New]

Yes it does.

Thank you Tomasc windows 7 64bit - powerdirector 10 ultra 64bit