Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How does PowerDVD 18 work with Apple TV?
A Haku-jin in Kyoto-fu [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Kyoto-fu, Japan Joined: Jan 13, 2019 00:18 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I'm a little confused about this because Apple TV connects directly to my WiFi network without the assistance of any computer. Where would I install PowerDVD? Can software be installed on the Apple TV box itself (doesn't seem likely) or would I install it on a PC and then use the TV as the output device for the PC?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 13. 2019 00:33

QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
powerdvd is a window program, it cannot be installed on Mac or Apple devices.

it has the feature to cast media (from pc) to your apple tv, but you have to connect your PC and your apple tv to the same network.
A Haku-jin in Kyoto-fu [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Kyoto-fu, Japan Joined: Jan 13, 2019 00:18 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Quote powerdvd is a window program, it cannot be installed on Mac or Apple devices.

it has the feature to cast media (from pc) to your apple tv, but you have to connect your PC and your apple tv to the same network.

Thank you for the quick reply!

I was pretty sure that this was what I would have to do, but it's always reassuring to get confirmation of
one's conclusions.

Thanks again!