Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Transition insertion without influencing clip ends?
Cyber-Rob [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 28, 2018 14:47 Messages: 36 Offline
[Post New]
Hello community,

until now, I didnt find any fast solution for the following situation:

1. Mostly I'm cutting my clips in sync to the music

2. Thats why at first, after calculation of the clip time, I insert the desired clips with their caluclated durations into the timeline

3. When I afterwards put a transition between 2 clips, the 2nd clips' end is moved some frames

Of course, I understand, why it is happening: the transition needs some overlapping frames for the effect.

But is there any possiblity that the end of the clip is fixed when inserting the transition and to tell the transition to "just start earlier" with the 2nd clip?

Until now my workaround is to set the duration of the transition and add half of the transition time to the duration of the 2nd clip.

It would be great, if there was a possibility to change the "working mode" of the transition... is there any? undecided

Thanks,
Robin
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
In pref > Editing set the "Set default transition behavior:" to cross. For transitions on the timeline, one can right click and "Modify Transition" and change to cross. Cross will keep the same overall timeline duration when a transition is added, the transition behavior will be slightly different as it's now a cross transition between clips vs the overlap.

Jeff
Cyber-Rob [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 28, 2018 14:47 Messages: 36 Offline
[Post New]
Quote In pref > Editing set the "Set default transition behavior:" to cross. For transitions on the timeline, one can right click and "Modify Transition" and change to cross. Cross will keep the same overall timeline duration when a transition is added, the transition behavior will be slightly different as it's now a cross transition between clips vs the overlap.

Jeff

Perfect Jeff, that's what I was seraching for!

I tried to drag and drop the FX with different keys to switch the FX mode but never got the idea to right click on the transition in the timeline... hmm! yell

I think, I will use this mode now as my standard setting.

Thank you!

Robin