Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Suggestions for PD 18?
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
What are your suggestions for PowerDirector 18? Improvements, features, etc. Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Subscribe to PDU Mobile on YouTube.
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
I'm greatly impressed with the feature set in PowerDirector Ultimate.

But to me that clunkiest feature is the timeline ripple feature. Unless you use a keyboard combination, you must select whether the other clips on the timeline move left or right whenever you insert or remove a clip from your movie.

If there was a simple way to turn off or on timeline rippling, it would make assembling movies so much easier.
tyflikw [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 07, 2017 10:08 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
The feature I'm always wishing for is keyframe for video speed. Start at 1x and end at 4x(or whatever multiplier I chose) and like volume or opacity keyframes it greatly changes to the end speed. ------------------
http://youtube.com/vlogtr3k for daily family life vlogs!
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote What are your suggestions for PowerDirector 18? Improvements, features, etc.

Hello Maliek,

To submit suggestions, please use the in program feature found in the File menu. Select File > Rate Us & Provide Suggestions.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
[Thumb - suggest.jpg]
 Filename
suggest.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
109 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
12 time(s)

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote The feature I'm always wishing for is keyframe for video speed. Start at 1x and end at 4x(or whatever multiplier I chose) and like volume or opacity keyframes it greatly changes to the end speed.

What you're describing has been in the Action Camera Center since PD14.

Although you can't access the keyframes directly, the tool does exactly what you're looking for, including specifying the start and end points and applying ease-in and ease-out effects if you want. This tutorial has more details.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote What you're describing has been in the Action Camera Center since PD14.

Not really to my knowledge, what the OP I believe is asking for is a linear speed change from like 1x-4x over the video length specified. PD14-17 can’t do that to my knowledge. Ease in only affects the first x frames, not a total ease in over the entire length selected from 1x-4x.

The only way to partially achieve the effect the OP desires is to do it a section at a time. So, one section at 1x, then another manual section at 1.2x, then another at 1.4x...so on, gets pretty tedious to achieve a smooth speed change.

Looks like PDM really prefers to have these suggestions sent to CL directly via built in feature. Probably no surprise, not many user suggestions in the past from these sort of forum lists have ever really been added. Some forum users even asked to see a rollup, there is and was no real transparency. Since forum is consistently mentioned as a user to user forum with no CL Dev looking, PDM writes a good point, it makes more sense to send them to the black hole.

Jeff
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'd like to see the ability to specify and select the number and types of available tracks for the start of each project, and then to add more if needeed. In other words, for a very simple project, I may only need Track 1 (Audio/Video) plus a Music track and a Title track. It would be great to be able to start my project with just those tracks assigned. Right now, the only option is to remove empty tracks. Well, I may then be removing tracks that I know that I'm going to need later in the project, but which are currently empty. smile
Tony Ish UK [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 14, 2018 05:36 Messages: 32 Offline
[Post New]
With reference to PDMods advice to provide feedback to CL.

As the forum,as I understand it, maybe watched by CL, but no intervention would be taken on any posting, Using the provided feed back but on the CL Apps is the only sensible way to further a cause.

that said , it is useful to have a thread like this to see if suggestions for improvements have a following.

i agree that the size of the slider could be larger, maybe in a sizeable row like the tracks.

I would also like to adjust where the cursor is on play back, it always jumps to the centre of the screen, I would prefer positioning a third of the way along, so the screen does not jump so much.

These are going on the suggestion button shortly. ;)

Rgds
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
See this post: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/78056.page . Add the Media Content dropdown selection Downloaded. It has been there for the last 10 years until now before PD17 came out.
[Post New]
Render output with vp9/av1 codec.

It's royalty free and better in almost every way.
Why not use it?

Av1 is from 2015, we are now entering 2019.
4 years is enough waiting.
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
Quote it is useful to have a thread like this to see if suggestions for improvements have a following.

Agreed. If all of these suggestons were done using PD I wouldn't be able to follow the conversation and/or know if CyberLink actually acts on them or not in PD 18.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
A thread like this would allow the users to express what they would like to see in the next version of PowerDirector. I do use the File > Rate Us & Provide Suggestions and have received no feedback on this or the crash reports that I fill out and give an email address.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Access to capture and produce lossless codecs. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]

Agreed. If all of these suggestons were done using PD I wouldn't be able to follow the conversation and/or know if CyberLink actually acts on them or not in PD 18.

Of course users can post suggestions on the forum and in this thread, our point was that using "File > Rate Us & Provide Suggestions" is a way to guarantee the development team views them straight away.

We will also gather the most popular/discussed suggestions and then pass them on to CyberLink as well. Maybe we can also conduct a poll on what feature forum users want the most, if users are interested in that.

Please do remember though, that since the planning phase for PowerDirector 18 has ended (it is already in development), that most suggestions would be considered for PowerDirector 19.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
[Post New]
Quote Render output with vp9/av1 codec.

It's royalty free and better in almost every way.
Why not use it?

Av1 is from 2015, we are now entering 2019.
4 years is enough waiting.

Actually AV1 just has their initial release in last March, maybe we will see new camcorder/camera to record with AV1 in the future, not just on new Android phones.

Besides, AV1 and VP9 are highly optimized for streaming/low bitrate usage, end users don't get too many benefits from it. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PowerDirector 365
Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Access to capture and produce lossless codecs.

You had me at lossless...smile Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Subscribe to PDU Mobile on YouTube.
Tony Ish UK [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 14, 2018 05:36 Messages: 32 Offline
[Post New]
The ability to hide tracks, and or move them in the workspace to suit your work environment including, fx track, microphone, music tracks.

When end I say hide, I refer to empty tracks, Hiding your best work may not be the best move.

rgds