CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
downloaded DZ sound clips problem
Reply to this topic
Irenej [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Location: England Joined: Mar 19, 2013 05:05 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]
Hi
I have downloaded sound clips from dz and installed them, but I am not able to find them anywhere n power director . Can anyone advise please?
[Post New]
Hello IreneJ,

It's not immediately obvious, so you can be excused for being confused.

If PDR is open when you download the audio clips, they'll appear in your Media Library.

If PDR isn't open, the clips are stored at C:\Users\Public\Cyberlink\Downloaded Audio and can be imported from there, just as you'd import any other media.

In AudioDirector, it's a little more user friendly. From within ADR, you just open the Sound Clips Library and select "Downloaded".

PIX PhD CDR ADR DZ MVL PP Forum Moderator
PIX YouTube channel
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 4397 Offline
[Post New]
In previous versions of PowerDirector click the Media Content box down arrow and then click Downloaded to see them.

In PD17 click the right arrow to the right between the Library Title and Transition buttons to open Display the Explorer view. Click the gold Downloaded button and you will see all those DZ downloaded and installed sound clips. I had to find them myself.

Hope this helps...
[Post New]
Goodness me tomasc!

I'm glad you chimed in. I didn't think to open explorer view.

PIX PhD CDR ADR DZ MVL PP Forum Moderator
PIX YouTube channel
optodata
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 3599 Offline
[Post New]
I've been using PD since v7 back in 2008, and not once have I EVER thought to click that little arrow. WOW thanks for opening my eyes to "Explorer View!" surprisedlaughing
youtube/optodata

DS365 | Win10 Pro | 8 Core/16T i9-9900K (4.8GHz) | RTX 2070 | 32GB RAM | 6TB SSDs

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | HF S200 (HD 30p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Irenej [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Location: England Joined: Mar 19, 2013 05:05 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you all so much.
I have now , with your help located the ssound clips. Much appreciated
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 4397 Offline
[Post New]
Quote If PDR isn't open, the clips are stored at C:\Users\Public\Cyberlink\Downloaded Audio and can be imported from there, just as you'd import any other media.

In AudioDirector, it's a little more user friendly. From within ADR, you just open the Sound Clips Library and select "Downloaded".

PIX

In every version of PowerDirector I have used since 2011, the Media Content selection window mimics exactly what is in the Explorer view as new features are added in each new version.

In PD17 two new features of Background music and Sound clips are added. The file location for those are exactly the same as what PIX posted above in separate subfolders for each and every individual clip. It is possible that the programmer thought Sound clip is the same as Downloaded and removed that selection as an oversight.

It looks like the OP and the three senior contributors that responded does not use the Explorer view as the Media Content selection window had the Downbloaded selection for at least the last 10 years.

The OP or other interest party could start a Cyberlink support ticket on this to add that Downloaded selection back in the Media Content selection box or have the Sound clip selection open both the Sound clips and Downloaded selections which I believe is what the programmer meant to do.

I will not write the support ticket for this.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 18. 2018 14:52

Irenej [Avatar]
[Post New]
Just a quick question about Audio Director. Should version 9 have come with my downloaded purchase of power director 17?

Thanks
[Post New]

In every version of PowerDirector I have used since 2011, the Media Content selection window mimics exactly what is in the Explorer view as new features are added in each new version.

In PD17 two new features of Background music and Sound clips are added. The file location for those are exactly the same as what PIX posted above in separate subfolders for each and every individual clip. It is possible that the programmer thought Sound clip is the same as Downloaded and removed that selection as an oversight.

It looks like the OP and the three senior contributors that responded does not use the Explorer view as the Media Content selection window had the Downbloaded selection for at least the last 10 years.

The OP or other interest party could start a Cyberlink support ticket on this to add that Downloaded selection back in the Media Content selection box or have the Sound clip selection open both the Sound clips and Downloaded selections which I believe is what the programmer meant to do.

I will not write the support ticket for this.

Today (January 20, 2019) I started a support ticket on this. Ticket ID is CS001982079. If you don't take joy in the snow you'll have less joy in your life and the same amount of snow.
[Post New]
I received a response to my support ticket that basically just said, "Yep, that's the way it works, alright!"

It reminds me of when I did software support back in the 1980's for Wang Labs and I'd turn in a problem report to R&D. Invariably they came back marked FAD. - Functions As Designed.

Ah, well, it's a very minor annoyance and life goes on. If you don't take joy in the snow you'll have less joy in your life and the same amount of snow.
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
I was hoping that someone else, even the OP should write a support ticket for this. The PD Users Guide dated 2018-09-19 has been quietly changed and same date is still being used. The content on page 67 is different within days of my posting. I got the heads up from the PowerDirector Moderator on this.

Wang Labs did well selling their word processor workstation until IBM came along. Glad that you hopped on the pc bandwagon. lol
[Post New]
Quote I was hoping that someone else, even the OP should write a support ticket for this. The PD Users Guide dated 2018-09-19 has been quietly changed and same date is still being used. The content on page 67 is different within days of my posting. I got the heads up from the PowerDirector Moderator on this.

Wang Labs did well selling their word processor workstation until IBM came along. Glad that you hopped on the pc bandwagon. lol

Ha! Good find on the User's Guide change. It seems this thread may have rattled Cyberlink's cage a little more than I had suspected. It will be interesting to see what PD 18 looks like.

Yay! Someone remembers Wang Labs. There's a fascinating book called "Riding the Runaway Horse" that details their rise and fall. I'm sure it's long out of print but if you ever run across it, it is quite a story. BTW, I once won a big, prestigious award with them that gave me a huge number of "shares" in that quarter's profit sharing plan. Based on their average earnings and in today's dollars it would have amounted to around $30,000. For the first time in the history of their profit sharing plan they lost money that quarter. There wasn't a single dollar to share. I know all about their fall. I can laugh about it today...at the time not so much.

(Sorry if I've gotten off topic here. Back to PD.)

If you don't take joy in the snow you'll have less joy in your life and the same amount of snow.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 3733 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Ha! Good find on the User's Guide change. It seems this thread may have rattled Cyberlink's cage a little more than I had suspected. It will be interesting to see what PD 18 looks like.

Rattled a cage, I don't think so. Unfortunately the silent edit has been a common practice for this outfit. Nothing new, it was done at PD16, PD15…PD15 Guide last updated 7/2018. They don't rev it, anything, just a sly quiet edit and don't give the users a clue.

A private heads up from the PDM, what a disgraceful tact for the user base, at least post knowledge in a sticky note.

PD17 original doc when PD17 was released was 9/2018, current doc is 12/2018.

Jeff
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Things have changed in the PD forums for the better now that we have a very active senior contributor who replies to almost every post. He encourages the OP to write a support ticket when an apparent bug is found, and The PowerDirector Moderator ask for the ticket number and follows up on it.

In this thread the OP did not write a support ticket. I notice that the PD17 UG is also incorrect, so I wrote a support ticket and PM the PDM about the UG. The response from support is “We have reported this concern to the related department for the User's Guide correction and will be published on CyberLink website.”

It was the PDM that followed up on this and all the other ones on this PD forum. This is a great service in my view and hopefully for the others who wrote a support ticket. It is not distasteful tact. I was waiting for the UG date to change which never did and appreciate his follow-up to let me know.
Reply to this topic