Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
gp3 files -- Why doesn't PDR13 accept them?
goodguy309 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 18, 2015 09:03 Messages: 41 Offline
[Post New]
I was sent some gp3 files from a IPhone and was looking to load them and convert to a single AVI file.

Other than downloading a converter, why doesn't PDR13 accept them?
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I was sent some gp3 files from a IPhone and was looking to load them and convert to a single AVI file.

Other than downloading a converter, why doesn't PDR13 accept them?

I assume you mean 3GP format files, if so, changing the file extension to either .mov or .mp4 may work depending on PC configuration.

Jeff
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
If you have a short clip (under 8MB in size) you can attach it here using this button

That way, other members can examine it and let you know what needs to happen to allow PD to edit it.

It would help to know which version of PD you're using and also to see the DxDiag test results as spelled out in the << READ ME >> post at the top of the forum index page. That's the best way to tell if your system is configured properly.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
goodguy309 [Avatar]
[Post New]

I assume you mean 3GP format files, if so, changing the file extension to either .mov or .mp4 may work depending on PC configuration.

Jeff

Yes, I did mean 3gp. I did find an online converter that did the job quite well.

Windows 7 doesn't allow change file types.

Thanks!!
goodguy309 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote If you have a short clip (under 8MB in size) you can attach it here using this button

That way, other members can examine it and let you know what needs to happen to allow PD to edit it.

It would help to know which version of PD you're using and also to see the DxDiag test results as spelled out in the << READ ME >> post at the top of the forum index page. That's the best way to tell if your system is configured properly.

My version is right in the topic question.

I used an online converter. In all the years I've use PDR, this is the first time I've needed to import as a 3gp.

Thanks!
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Yes, I did mean 3gp. I did find an online converter that did the job quite well.

Windows 7 doesn't allow change file types.

Thanks!!

Windows 7 does allow you to change the file extension identifier, however, you must first have it displayed in order to change it. In the MicroSoft "Folder Options" settings, find "Hide extensions for known file types" and uncheck it. You can then see and change the so called 3 letter file extensions.

Glad you found a converter that fit your needs.

Jeff
goodguy309 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Windows 7 does allow you to change the file extension identifier, however, you must first have it displayed in order to change it. In the MicroSoft "Folder Options" settings, find "Hide extensions for known file types" and uncheck it. You can then see and change the so called 3 letter file extensions.

Glad you found a converter that fit your needs.

Jeff

Hi Jeff and thanks for that information on how to change extensions.

In this particular case, changing from 3gp to any other extension like mov or avi does not play in Windows Media player.