Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Insufficient Disk Space?
D J Scott [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 04, 2018 13:51 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Why am I getting stopped in the middle of recording stuff with an error message saying I have insufficient disk space? I have over a terrabyte and a half of free hard drive space! What gives?!
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Recording with PowerDirector17? Are you using Screen Recorder, or are you capturing video from a camcorder? Any chance you meant "producing," or maybe you posted to the wrong forum?

You may have more than one disk on your system, and PD (or Screen Recorder) may be trying to save the recording on a smaller drive. That includes any flash/USB drives you might have connected.

More info on what you're doing and with which app would be very helpful.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 05. 2018 02:20

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Paul1945
Contributor Location: South Africa Joined: Apr 12, 2014 14:11 Messages: 327 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Why am I getting stopped in the middle of recording stuff with an error message saying I have insufficient disk space? I have over a terrabyte and a half of free hard drive space! What gives?!

Hi DJ Scot
Today in the world of 4 k ,1,5 TB is Nothing ...
Try an make a Test with lower Material 1 GB = after X .....

Regards Paul

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 05. 2018 02:24

PaoloG [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 12, 2018 04:41 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I am experiencing the same issue. I have 800+ Gb free on my disk, and I have got only one disk. Does not matter which resolution I do try to CAPTURE (not produce, capture), the video will stop after 45, maximum 60 seconds and say I don't have enough free space.

Actually, after the error message, I can still save the video, and at the max resolution that will take approx 220 Mb (mega, not giga).

And, for the logs, I have opened a ticket to support 2 days ago and I have got no answer so far, not even a "hello, we are looking into it, we will let you know".

Very disappointed about all this!
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I am experiencing the same issue. I have 800+ Gb free on my disk, and I have got only one disk. Does not matter which resolution I do try to CAPTURE (not produce, capture), the video will stop after 45, maximum 60 seconds and say I don't have enough free space.

Actually, after the error message, I can still save the video, and at the max resolution that will take approx 220 Mb (mega, not giga).

And, for the logs, I have opened a ticket to support 2 days ago and I have got no answer so far, not even a "hello, we are looking into it, we will let you know".

Very disappointed about all this!

I don't believe that Cyberlink staff work on the weekend. You're right that there's no initial acknowledgement of your submission, and now that it's Monday I expect that you'll hear from them shortly.

If you also want forum volunteers to help with your issue, please see the Read Me post at the top of the PD17 forum index and attach your DxDiag results, exact PD17 version number and any other details, including your support ticket #.
Matt Brunson [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 20, 2018 17:58 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I am having the same problem. I am trying to capture VHS tapes through a Vidbox. The recording stops after about 30 seconds, and an error message pops up saying that I have insufficient disk space, which is NOT accurate. I have 150+ GB free on my hard drive, and I have no other drives present in the system. Certainly seems like a bug to me! Hopefully this issue gets acknowledged and fixed soon. The whole reason I bought this software in the first place was to capture video. This issue basically makes it useless.
[Thumb - Insufficient.png]
 Filename
Insufficient.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
7 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
15 time(s)
optodata
[Post New]
This seems to be an issue for Tech Support. We're volunteers/end users here.

Please take a look at this FAQ and use the link to report the issue to Cyberlink. Posting here is separate from them, and they may not know about the issue until it gets officially reported.

If Tech Support finds a solution for you, please post back here so other people can benefit!

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

[Post New]
If the discs are formatted FAT32, then the limitation is that a single file can't be bigger than 4GB.
In NTFS that limitation is gone (well, as implemented, limit is 16TB).
jaydigital [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 06, 2018 08:02 Messages: 46 Offline
[Post New]
Quote If the discs are formatted FAT32, then the limitation is that a single file can't be bigger than 4GB.
In NTFS that limitation is gone (well, as implemented, limit is 16TB).

Thanks for this. I checked the drive and my disk is formatted NTFS and Power Director 365 (Screen Recorder 4) is still shutting down at 4.3 GB

Any other suggestions?

I have 3TB available on the disk drive.

Thanks,
jaydigital

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 21. 2020 16:09

optodata
[Post New]
ScreenRecorder 4 is separate from PD365. If you only have the bundled version, it should be v2.1.0.7615. If you separately purchased SR4, the latest release is 4.2.3.8860 (at least for the Deluxe version).

The reason there's a 4.3GB boundry on FAT32 is because the maximum 32 bit number is 4,294,967,296.

If SR is only able to record a maximum video with that same length, it implies that it's a 32-bit app (or maybe you're running a 32-bit version of Windows). I have SR1, 2 and 4 and all show as 64-bit apps on my 64-bit Win10 system.

I'm running a test with SR4 and will post back with what happens once I reach 4.3GB...

YouTube/optodata

optodata
[Post New]
Here's an update: I left SR4 running for an hour and 22 min at 120fps before I stopped it. The file size was 4.55GiB (4,890,329,521 bytes), and I don't see any reason it couldn't have kept going until the remaining 135GB on my SSD were filled.

I'm running another test with SR2, but I expect to see the same results. Do you have another drive with at least 10GB free? Even a USB/thumb drive would help to determine if there's some kind of restriction on your original drive.

Edit: No problems with SR2 either:

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Apr 21. 2020 20:02

YouTube/optodata

FrancoisT [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 26, 2010 15:03 Messages: 115 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Why am I getting stopped in the middle of recording stuff with an error message saying I have insufficient disk space? I have over a terrabyte and a half of free hard drive space! What gives?!

Has there ever been a solution to this really annoying problem on PD17? I wasn't getting it when I used mpeg but since I'm using exactly the one I need (MP4) for this project the capture stops. Meaning instead of having the entire capture in one file it's now in two or more. Also I then have to go back and figure out where it cut it off. I have over 600 gb of free space and a capture of 4gb.
[Thumb - insufficient space.jpg]
 Filename
insufficient space.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
44 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]

Has there ever been a solution to this really annoying problem on PD17? I wasn't getting it when I used mpeg... I have over 600 gb of free space and a capture of 4gb.
I get cutoff by the software no matter Mpeg2 or mp4. Cyberlink is aware of the bug and has been aware for years. They don't care. Maybe a new sticker-pack will make you feel better.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 23. 2023 22:10

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Nobody reported the bug to Cyberlink technical support for two years. Not sure if they can be faulted for that.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Nobody reported the bug to Cyberlink technical support for two years. Not sure if they can be faulted for that.
Not true, but you wouldn't know...
"According to your description and after further checking, we've also reproduced this condition on our testing platform with PowerDirector 20 version, we have also recorded the condition on the internal program issue list of PowerDirector 20 for further technical investigation."
And then, nothing. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT