Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Trying to produce an MPEG2 based DVD
Derick52 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 21, 2018 17:18 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I am trying to use Power2Go to produce a MPEG2 DVD, but it shows MPEG4 with the files that it will write to DVD.
Is there a way to force it to write MPEG2 so the "older" DVD player can still play it?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 21. 2018 17:25

sumerJ [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Nov 28, 2013 05:37 Messages: 377 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I am trying to use Power2Go to produce a MPEG2 DVD, but it shows MPEG4 with the files that it will write to DVD.
Is there a way to force it to write MPEG2 so the "older" DVD player can still play it?

Power2Go should be able to write mpeg2 format DVD video disc.
What's the video disc that you selected in its launcher? Did you select AVCHD? or Blu-Ray disc?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 21. 2018 21:23

Derick52 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 21, 2018 17:18 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]

Power2Go should be able to write mpeg2 format DVD video disc.
What's the video disc that you selected in its launcher? Did you select AVCHD? or Blu-Ray disc?

I was in online media backup, and selected "Backup to DVD"
When I download the Youtube files it automatically makes them MPEG4 on the list, and it does not seem to
allow me any other option in the menus.
[Thumb - Capture.JPG]
 Filename
Capture.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
Here is the example
 Filesize
111 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)
sumerJ [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Nov 28, 2013 05:37 Messages: 377 Offline
[Post New]

I was in online media backup, and selected "Backup to DVD"
When I download the Youtube files it automatically makes them MPEG4 on the list, and it does not seem to
allow me any other option in the menus.

That's because Power2Go just download the youtube video and burn them to disc as generic data, the mpeg4 video is the format from youtube.
If you want to burn the youtube videos as a DVD Movie disc and play in other consumer player, you need to 1) download youtube videos to your PC first, then 2) burn them as DVD Movie disc.
Hastate [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 26, 2019 04:32 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]

That's because Power2Go just download the youtube video and burn them to disc as generic data, the mpeg4 video is the format from youtube.
If you want to burn the youtube videos as a DVD Movie disc and play in other consumer player, you need to 1) download youtube videos to your PC first, then 2) burn them as DVD Movie disc.

Sorry for digging the post.
But when I download the video from Facebook with Fb2Mate, the videos go with mp4 format. Is it possible to burn those videos as a DVD Movie disc?