Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Best way to manage production of a large video project
[Post New]
I am producing a long video with lots of audio, images and video clips.

The final video may be as long as two hours.

I am thinking the best way to manage the production is to divide the production into multiple segments, edit and produce each as a separate project, and then combine all the projects into a master project using the nesting feature.

Would anyone recommend a better strategy for managing production of a long film project?

Is the above strategy the most efficient way to proceed so I do not overload the Power Director program?

Thanks
 Filename
DxDiag report Oct 19 2018.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DxDiag report re my system and PD version
 Filesize
104 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
380 time(s)
Philip Anderson
Charlottesville, Virginia USA
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I am producing a long video with lots of audio, images and video clips.

The final video may be as long as two hours.

I am thinking the best way to manage the production is to divide the production into multiple segments, edit and produce each as a separate project, and then combine all the projects into a master project using the nesting feature.

Would anyone recommend a better strategy for managing production of a long film project?

Is the above strategy the most efficient way to proceed so I do not overload the Power Director program?

Thanks

Hi,

That would be one way if that workflow fits your production methods.

Except for the smallest projects, I now tend towards splitting a production into sections and combining the produced sub-projects later. If SVRT can be activated and it works satisfactorily for you, then the speed of final production can be very fast. It also allows for re-editing each sub-project easily without having to re-run and check the whole complex timeline.

This post, re editing on a laptop, has a little more detail : https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/76104.page#311300

Hope that helps,
Adrian. Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
[Post New]

Hi,

That would be one way if that workflow fits your production methods.

Except for the smallest projects, I now tend towards splitting a production into sections and combining the produced sub-projects later. If SVRT can be activated and it works satisfactorily for you, then the speed of final production can be very fast. It also allows for re-editing each sub-project easily without having to re-run and check the whole complex timeline.

This post, re editing on a laptop, has a little more detail : https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/76104.page#311300

Hope that helps,
Adrian.

Thanks Adrian. This and the referenced post have relieved some key concerns in my project. This community forum aid is so empowering /removing obstacles to our creativity. Best, Phil Philip Anderson
Charlottesville, Virginia USA