Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Director Suite 365 ProDad Adorage Does not Install
PowerDirector Tutorials
Senior Member Location: Tennessee Joined: Sep 29, 2014 20:25 Messages: 192 Offline
[Post New]
Hello

Well after alot of testing I have come to the conclusion the Prodad addons do not install. I have tried install 1 which was 64bit and it does go thru the whole install but the application app which is PD does not say it is installed at all. It still reads install.

So I went ahead and removed it with "Revo Uninstaller" only the best uninstall program on the market being it search the registeryand removes all bad things left behind. So I KNOW for a fact not one prodad register item is in there when I remove it.

I tried 1 at a time to install and then test and NOPE same thing. I then removed them again 1 at a time with REVO. I then tried installing them all which I new would not work but I want to make sure.

So as it is right now... the app manager is very sluggish since upgrade and the prodadaddons do not install at all.

Does anyone at Cyberlink load these things on a computer and test them??

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 02. 2018 06:07

PowerDirector Tutorials Team
Kees54
Newbie Location: Sliedrecht, Netherlands Joined: Jan 15, 2014 13:46 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello

Well after alot of testing I have come to the conclusion the Prodad addons do not install. I have tried install 1 which was 64bit and it does go thru the whole install but the application app which is PD does not say it is installed at all. It still reads install.

So I went ahead and removed it with "Revo Uninstaller" only the best uninstall program on the market being it search the registeryand removes all bad things left behind. So I KNOW for a fact not one prodad register item is in there when I remove it.

I tried 1 at a time to install and then test and NOPE same thing. I then removed them again 1 at a time with REVO. I then tried installing them all which I new would not work but I want to make sure.

So as it is right now... the app manager is very sluggish since upgrade and the prodadaddons do not install at all.

Does anyone at Cyberlink load these things on a computer and test them??

Despite the application manager show yhe button "Install" the Prodad plugins are highly probable installed anyway.

Start Powerdirector and click in de left sidebar on the button with the flash. In the list you see "proDAD (2)" click on this and you proberly see the two Prodad plugins appear. Regards,

Kees

Computer:
Processor I7, 16GB MEM, 500GB SSD, 3GB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1070 Ti 8GB, DVD and Blue ray burner
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
They also show in Apps and Features, so Windows thinks they're installed.

This has been bugging me, too, but I think it's a harmless annoyance. Jerry Schwartz
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote They also show in Apps and Features, so Windows thinks they're installed.

This has been bugging me, too, but I think it's a harmless annoyance.

Yeah, they are clearly installed, and they do show up in the PD's FX tab and operate as expected.

The only thing that's not correct is the status of those two plug-ins in the CL App Manager, and I assume that will be fixed with the next update. Definitely a minor issue in the scheme of things

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Chris40 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Gillette WY Joined: Dec 15, 2011 00:30 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
I have this same issue. I have never used proDAD before and am not sure exactly what it's supposed to do and look like but I can't see any way to use it. I have attached a screen shot of what it looks like in PD17 for me. If this is the way it's supposed to look, how are you supposed to use it? I can place it on the time line with a video but it doesn't appear to do anything.
[Thumb - pro.JPG]
 Filename
pro.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
Screenshot
 Filesize
42 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
14 time(s)
Intel 2600K
NVIDA 560Ti in SLI
16 Gig DDR 1066
3, 1TB SATA III HDs
Windows 7 64 bit
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Chris40 – In your screenshot, simply drag either the Adorage transition or the Vitascene transition between two clips pn the timeline like you do with any transitions. If you then double click on the transition then a window pops up for you to select the transition behavior. Click on the Stand-alone effect button to get all those options you can do. There are hundreds of them.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 09. 2018 16:05

Chris40 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Gillette WY Joined: Dec 15, 2011 00:30 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Chris40 – In your screenshot, simply drag either the Adorage transition or the Vitascene transition between two clips pn the timeline like you do with any transitions. If you then double click on the transition then a window pops up for you to select the transition behavior. Click on the Stand-alone effect button to get all those options you can do. There are hundreds of them.

Well thanks, but I can't see it does anything at all, like it's not even there. Same for it FX section. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Intel 2600K
NVIDA 560Ti in SLI
16 Gig DDR 1066
3, 1TB SATA III HDs
Windows 7 64 bit
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]

Well thanks, but I can't see it does anything at all, like it's not even there. Same for it FX section. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

How about this? As tomasc said, you can use ProDAD FX as a transition between clips, and there are other effects that can be overlaid onto regular clips by dragging the effect to the FX track, then selecting it and clicking on Modify, and then on Stand Alone Effect. Maybe seeing this quick vid will help:

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 09. 2018 19:17

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°