Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Saving segments of a multi-trimmed clip to your media content window
Steven Rosinko [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 02, 2018 01:25 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I just downloaded Powerdirector today, and for the life of me cannot figure out how to do this.

I have a clip that I did a multi-trim on which produced several segments now on the timeline. I however want to save each segment for later use in the video editing process. How do I save each segment for later editng, or put each segment in my media content window under a different name?
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I just downloaded Powerdirector today, and for the life of me cannot figure out how to do this.

I have a clip that I did a multi-trim on which produced several segments now on the timeline. I however want to save each segment for later use in the video editing process. How do I save each segment for later editng, or put each segment in my media content window under a different name?

Click on the segment then use the right hand yellow handle on the timeline scrubber to drag and highlight to the end of clip. Now use produce range above the timeline to render the clip. When done it will go automatically to the library of your project
todd spalt [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 08, 2019 09:21 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]

Click on the segment then use the right hand yellow handle on the timeline scrubber to drag and highlight to the end of clip. Now use produce range above the timeline to render the clip. When done it will go automatically to the library of your project

Hi,
I returned Corel Video studio because of stability issues, but it's the first video editing program I've used. In Corels program I could add a long video to the timeline and manually split it into segments. Then i could grab any segment and drag it into whatever media folder I chose. There would be no rendering time needed. I could drag all 20 clips out of the timeline and into the media library at once with no rendering. (No "Producing")
Is this possible in Power Director? I've noticed several other people in threads online asking the same question and getting replies that don't quite answer but instead suggest clunky work arounds. Here's what I want to do.
I capture a video off the internet that I want to break up into useable pieces for a video collage. The multi trim feature works really well for this workflow as I'm able to quickly split the video into clips.
Now if I had auto detected scenes. When I hit ok , those scenes are put into the media library. Where as thumbnails they can easily be viewed and pulled down into the timeline to be used in the final product. However, if I manually do the multi trim I have to carefully pull yellow markers over each clip and "produce " it as a new file type, essentially saving it as a new video all to itself for it to go up into the media library.
Some have suggested dedicating a track for components so all the multi trim edits are just sitting down in the timeline together. I understand that this process will still work but it's not as convienent to browse through clips by scrolling through the timeline as one has to leave the part of the video that one is working on to navigate through media files in timeline track. That defeats the purpose of having a media window open. This seems counter intuitive to me.
Any help is appreciated .
thanks,
Todd
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
PD 17 has added “Precut” to the options. I believe it is exactly what you want. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT