Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
360 degree view keeps changing scene to scene
Gary H [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 25, 2018 09:08 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi

I purchased PowerDirector mainly to create 360 degree videos from using individual panorama shots.
So for example I am currently creating a 360 degree video of a nursing home of which I have several 360 degree pictures of. The idea is the video will show several rooms of the nursing home, each one lasting a few seconds, which the viewer can move around in 360 degrees before it goes to the next room.
To start with I dragged all the individual 360 degree pictures onto the first timeline track back to back and set the duration for each one at 7 seconds.
I then right clicked on each individual 360 picture and selected '360 start view setting' to set the starting view for each 360 picture (so that the viewer isn't staring at a random wall each time a new scene shows).
However the issue I am facing is that when you view the video and move the mouse to look around, the next scene/room that then shows after the 7 second duration starts at where the last viewing position was left and not the 'start view' that I set.
So for example if I am in the reception area and I am looking around the room and just happen to be looking down at the floor just as the next room loads up it then starts that next room scene with you looking at the floor and not the preset view I selected.
This is no good as I have put '360 text overlay' in some of the 360 scenes to label each room (for example bedroom ,kitchen etc) and I have placed the text where the '360 start view' position was set so that the viewer see's the text straight away as it changes from room to room but at the moment it doesn't do this for the reason I stated above.
Please help as this is very frustrating.
Thanks
[Post New]
However the issue I am facing is that when you view the video and move the mouse to look around, the next scene/room that then shows after the 7 second duration starts at where the last viewing position was left and not the 'start view' that I set.

That is just how 360-degree video works in a generic player (ie YouTube). It sounds like you wanting a more advanced player which is capable of doing a "tour". This type player can overide user input at specific timeframes and show a specific view. The Facebook 360 player does something similar to this, but it only activates the hotspots when the user is in a passive mode. You might check out Kuula or other 360 video players.
Gary H [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 25, 2018 09:08 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]

That is just how 360-degree video works in a generic player (ie YouTube). It sounds like you wanting a more advanced player which is capable of doing a "tour". This type player can overide user input at specific timeframes and show a specific view. The Facebook 360 player does something similar to this, but it only activates the hotspots when the user is in a passive mode. You might check out Kuula or other 360 video players.

hi

thanks for the reply.
Can powerdirector not do this? I noticed there is an option to edit 'keyframes' - does anyone know if this can be used to overide the user input of where the camera is looking at?

thanks
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

Since it is the user input that causing the issue, you could remove that by using the View Designer. The View Designer converts your video to regular 2D video, but let's you use keyframes to pan around the video.

So essentially, for each image you can set the starting view and then the end view, so it slowy pans around the room for the viewer. Then repeat for the next images. Just an idea.

View Designer tutorial here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=iGh8yfoXlvU

Like Jamal said...the limitations in the player can make what you want to do difficult and also disorienting for the user. Especially if the photos are only shown for 7 seconds.

David