Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to import .insv files of INSTA360One to PowerDirect17 for editing?
PCK [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 25, 2018 01:47 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
INSTA360One generates .insv and .insp files of 360 clips.

While I am trying to import these files to PowerDirect17 for 360 movie clip editing, only images of two circles are generated in storyboard.

Any solutions?
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

PowerDirector does not support this 360 video file format, so you must convert it to another format if you want to edit it in the program.

Supported formats are listed in the help and and here:

https://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector-video-movie-editor/specs_en_US.html

Maybe other users can suggest a program that converts these files.

David
PCK [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 25, 2018 01:47 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you very much for the clear answer.

It would be great if anyone can suggest a appropriate file converter without losing any original data.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 26. 2018 10:46

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thank you very much for the clear answer.

It would be great if anyone can suggest a appropriate file converter without losing any original data.

It looks like the Insta360 Studio will export the .insv to MP4, so you won't need any other software. See this Insta360 page for more details.

If you can upload a sample video I can test it (I have the software but not the camera or video clips). I found a picture (.insp format) and easily exported it to a full resolution JPG image.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 26. 2018 13:35