Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Error Message with backdrop in Title Designer
JimIowa
Senior Member Location: United States Joined: Mar 03, 2017 21:59 Messages: 161 Offline
[Post New]
I was trying out the new backdrop feature in Title Desinger. When I attempt to enable it, a popup screen appears stating that I need a graphics processor that supports Directx 11 and the latest Platform Update for Windows 7.

Using this on a backup machine with a Quadro Fx 580 that handles DirectX 11 and Windows 8.1 Pro.

Anyone else using this feature and having issues?

--Jim
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I was trying out the new backdrop feature in Title Desinger. When I attempt to enable it, a popup screen appears stating that I need a graphics processor that supports Directx 11 and the latest Platform Update for Windows 7.

Using this on a backup machine with a Quadro Fx 580 that handles DirectX 11 and Windows 8.1 Pro.

Anyone else using this feature and having issues?

--Jim

Quadro FX 580 supports DirectX 11, I don't think so, I think it supports through 10.

Who/what utility said it supports DirectX11?

Jeff
[Post New]
Quote Quadro Fx 580 that handles DirectX 11

Unfortunately it doesn't support DX11:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/product_quadro_fx_580_us.html

so the error is expected.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 19. 2018 22:06

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PowerDirector 365
JimIowa
Senior Member Location: United States Joined: Mar 03, 2017 21:59 Messages: 161 Offline
[Post New]
I was drawing the wrong conclusion from dxdiag.

--Jim
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
This does bring up a valid point for CL. They indicate DirectX11 only required for 360 video editing. https://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=23374&prodId=4&prodVerId=1339&CategoryId=-1&keyword=directx The list of supported Nvidia GPU's contains several that are not DirectX11 compatible. I guess those users just get the surprise like you.

CL in my opinion has never been very strong on properly displaying real requirements. Often even hard to figure out what sub products one gets with their offering schemes. I even saw our PDM had to scramble edit a post yesterday to remove lots of false product offering information he presented concerning PD17 offerings.

Jeff
JimIowa
[Post New]
I don't feel quite so foolish in light of your post. The error message did surprise me. My guess is that the vast majority of the users are using graphic cards with DirectX 11 or DirectX 12 compatibility. So hopefully it won't be a major problem.

I imagine that the rush to put out a new release at Cyberlink opens the door for all kinds of things to get overlooked. Hopefully our collective feedback will help that process.
--Jim
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jim and Jeff,

CyberLInk RD has confirmed that this is actually a bug and a patch hotfix will be released soon to fix it and some other issues.

Thank you for bringing it up here.

Cheers,
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
JimIowa
[Post New]
That's great! Glad the discussion could raise an issue that leads to an upcoming fix.

--Jim
Allan9022 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 12, 2018 13:30 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I submitted an issue ticket to CyberLink support hoping that a software fix was available since the last post was 9/22/18. I thought five months was long enough to see a patch become available. At any rate, I did come up with a work around as follows:

1. Create a TIF image with a transparent background in the shape and color of the backdrop you want for your text. I used Corel Draw and exported a TIF. There is a checkbox to make the background transparent.

2. In the PD Title Manager, add the backdrop you created as an "image" (not "background").

3. Now add your text and adjust the text and backdrop size, font, etc. to get the result you want. I found that I need to turn off any effects on the added image if you want it to be opaque as a backdrop. Be sure to add the image first, then the text since the only layer management seems to be the order in which items are added.

This is kind of anoying for software that one of the top video editing packages. I guess the user interface and function is at a lower priority than other bells and whistles.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
I don’t have a DX10 video card on my pc to test if the problem is fixed by now. Maybe JimIowa can tell us if the backdrop is working now with all the PD17 updates on that pc with the Quadro Fx 580.
JimIowa
[Post New]
Quote I don’t have a DX10 video card on my pc to test if the problem is fixed by now. Maybe JimIowa can tell us if the backdrop is working now with all the PD17 updates on that pc with the Quadro Fx 580.

Sorry I can't help. I now have a Quadro 600 video card which doesn't have the limitations of the FX 580. So I can't offer a real-world test of the latest updates to PowerDirector.
--Jim
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I submitted an issue ticket to CyberLink support hoping that a software fix was available since the last post was 9/22/18. I thought five months was long enough to see a patch become available. At any rate, I did come up with a work around as follows:

As far as we are aware this error message issue was fixed. Is this a different issue?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
dimilow [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 26, 2020 06:16 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Can I now what is the fix for this issue? I am having this issue as of current.

I am using Windows 10, using NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT as my graphic card.

Please help

dimilow [Avatar]
[Post New]
This is my directx information I get from running "dxdiag"

Edit: Attached screenshot.
[Thumb - dxdiag-main.jpg]
 Filename
dxdiag-main.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
77 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
10 time(s)
[Thumb - dxdiag-display.jpg]
 Filename
dxdiag-display.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
67 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
7 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 27. 2020 19:33

JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote This is my directx information I get from running "dxdiag"

another tab showing this:

Please help me, thanks.

No pics attached, use the attachments button. The GeForce 9600 GT does not support DirectX11 so possibly the same type issue. Check if you have PD17 updated to make sure the corrective patch referenced by PDM is utilized.

Jeff
dimilow [Avatar]
[Post New]

No pics attached, use the attachments button. The GeForce 9600 GT does not support DirectX11 so possibly the same type issue. Check if you have PD17 updated to make sure the corrective patch referenced by PDM is utilized.

Jeff

I have just installed the latest Powerdirector 365, so I should be getting the latest software?

>The GeForce 9600 GT does not support DirectX11

So does this means I need to update my graphic card to a more recent one that supports Direct X 12?
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I have just installed the latest Powerdirector 365, so I should be getting the latest software?

>The GeForce 9600 GT does not support DirectX11

So does this means I need to update my graphic card to a more recent one that supports Direct X 12?

If you have the same error as OP with the current PD18 as the initial PD17 had, I could only guess a bug as PDM highlighted prior at PD17.
CL states: DirectX 11 compatible for 360° video editing. as being the only need for DirectX 11 and lists several non DirectX11 cards as compatible with PD18 here: https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=24396

But yes, if you are seeing the same error as OP if you update the GPU to a DirectX11 compatible device you should no longer see the error as the OP observed when he used a updated Quadro 600 video card which doesn't have the same DirectX11 limitations as his FX 580.

Jeff