Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Terrible quality - but maybe it's me
Jobsworth99 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: United Kingdom Joined: Sep 16, 2018 12:29 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I'm completely new to video production, and have downloaded the trial Windows 10 version of PD16 in order to self-educate.

I've just produced my first experiment, and the results are pretty well unviewable. The problem is that the .MOV file straight from my action camera is far smoother than the rendered MP4 when I run it in, say, Media Player, which is so rough it looks like 60% of the frames are missing. Thing is, on the clip in question, there are no effects or adjustments - I've just dropped it on the timeline, cut a few seconds off the front and back, and put an audio track under it.

I'm very prepared to accept that it's me, not the software, but haven't a clue where to start troubleshooting this. Any pointers will be gratefully received!
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I'm completely new to video production, and have downloaded the trial Windows 10 version of PD16 in order to self-educate.

I've just produced my first experiment, and the results are pretty well unviewable. The problem is that the .MOV file straight from my action camera is far smoother than the rendered MP4 when I run it in, say, Media Player, which is so rough it looks like 60% of the frames are missing. Thing is, on the clip in question, there are no effects or adjustments - I've just dropped it on the timeline, cut a few seconds off the front and back, and put an audio track under it.

I'm very prepared to accept that it's me, not the software, but haven't a clue where to start troubleshooting this. Any pointers will be gratefully received!

I think it may be you, but it's nothing to be ashamed of.

Read the "Newbie Room" articles in issues 2-10 here https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/76806.page you may learn enough to get you on your feet.

You are probably not making the right selections when it comes to production settings

I hope it helps you - whatever dont give up

Robert
Jobsworth99 [Avatar]
[Post New]

I think it may be you, but it's nothing to be ashamed of.

Read the "Newbie Room" articles in issues 2-10 here https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/76806.page you may learn enough to get you on your feet.

You are probably not making the right selections when it comes to production settings

I hope it helps you - whatever dont give up

Robert

Hey, Robert - many thanks for the quick response, the info, and the encouragement!
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]

Hey, Robert - many thanks for the quick response, the info, and the encouragement!

Don't forget to let me know how you get on
Jobsworth99 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Don't forget to let me know how you get on

I certainly will!
[Post New]
Quote I'm completely new to video production, and have downloaded the trial Windows 10 version of PD16 in order to self-educate.

1. Apply the latest BETA patch for PD now currently available in this forum (GM6 3005). It fixes an EPIC bug that was producing poor quality video that made it look like jerky, stuttery 15fps output.

2. Make sure your timeline framerate setting matches the actual framerate of the video clip you are importing. Also very important.

I'm willng to bet that applying both of these will fix your problem.
Jobsworth99 [Avatar]
[Post New]

1. Apply the latest BETA patch for PD now currently available in this forum (GM6 3005). It fixes an EPIC bug that was producing poor quality video that made it look like jerky, stuttery 15fps output.

2. Make sure your timeline framerate setting matches the actual framerate of the video clip you are importing. Also very important.

I'm willng to bet that applying both of these will fix your problem.

Thanks, Highwinder - I'll certainly deal with both of those. I'll post again when I've done so, with the outcome.