Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
constant frame rate and Amazon Prime
Ray Mc [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 23, 2014 19:01 Messages: 61 Offline
[Post New]
My footage has been rejected as variable frame rate. I see no way to set this in export. The choices are generic as the 24p I shot and export as. Any help would be much appreciated.

Ray McLaughlin
Powerdirector 16
Ray Mc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Is there a Cyberlink Rep that could address this question?
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

No one from CL directly monitors the forum. Can you give the exact parameters that you need to produce in order to satisfy Amazon Prime and members might be able to help with a custom profile.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
I don't even see a question in your first post, Ray. And it's not entirely clear what your issue is.

Are you saying that you're trying to output a video from PowerDirector and you do NOT want it to have a variable frame rate?

Constant frame rate is the default setting for outputs. Which output settings are you using?
Ray Mc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I don't even see a question in your first post, Ray. And it's not entirely clear what your issue is.

Are you saying that you're trying to output a video from PowerDirector and you do NOT want it to have a variable frame rate?

Constant frame rate is the default setting for outputs. Which output settings are you using?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Amazon Prime requires constant frame rate. I use the H264 encoder at 1920 x 1080 16Mbs. I see no choice as to constant or variable frame rate. If I switched it I don't see it.....

Ray

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 06. 2018 00:18

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
If you produce a 1920 x 1080/p24 video with PD16 with the fast rendering technology unchecked then it should be in a constant frame rate assuming your original cell phone video was the same resolution but variable frame rate. The video frame rate will be constant but your audio is probably out of sync (lip sync).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 06. 2018 00:34

Ray Mc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote If you produce a 1920 x 1080/p24 video with PD16 with the fast rendering technology unchecked then it should be in a constant frame rate assuming your original cell phone video was the same resolution but variable frame rate. The video frame rate will be constant but your audio is probably out of sync (lip sync).

I am producing video from a GH4 4k 24p I print in 1920 x 1080 all 24p. I will ck for the fast rendering check or not and reproduce.

Thanks Ray McLaughlin
Ray Mc [Avatar]
[Post New]
“I am producing video from a GH4 4k 24p I print in 1920 x 1080 24p. I will ck for the fast rendering check or not and reproduce.

Thanks Ray McLaughlin”

I checked my produce frame rates and the H264 does not allow fast rendering check. That being said the uhd 4k files I shoot does give me a choice for fast rendering with hardware or powerdirector software acceleration.

After master in 4k uhd 24p, edit and coloring I produce a video from a GH4 4k 24p I print in 1920 x 1080 24p.

Any other info is appreciated

Ray McLaughlin

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 07. 2018 02:38

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Ray -

As tomasc & StevenG have stated, PDR, by default, produces video with a constant frame rate. Have a look at the MediaInfo report attached.

The video in the MediaInfor report was produced using a GH4 4K 24fps source file & rendered to AVC.H264 MP4 1920x1080 24fps @ 30Mbps.

Cheers - Tony

surprised EEK! Tomas's pet forum aversion - scrambled formatting after nested quotes.
 Filename
GH4 1080-24p.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
3 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
195 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 07. 2018 01:44

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote surprised EEK! Tomas's pet forum aversion - scrambled formatting after nested quotes.

Yes. After Ray Mc replied with his text inside the quote reserved for me I did not want to answer him on this post anymore as it produces the nested loop that has to be fixed by the moderator on this forum.

I was going to suggest that he check what he has with mediainfo. Obviously he has other problems. It's not the framerate produced by PD16. Not sure if it means video reviews of a product or what he wants the video for. Could not locate any information on submitting a video to Amazon Prime as video rental.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
"surprised EEK! Tomas's pet forum aversion - scrambled formatting after nested quotes."

Can't have folk being "averted".

Formatting sorted, sort of!

Cheers
PoweerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do