Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Range Selection - Cut & Remove buttons - what 's the difference?
Roland vl [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 23, 2017 03:44 Messages: 39 Offline
[Post New]
It is possible to make a Range Selection on the timeline with the 2 orange triangles near the cursor line. When there is a Range Selection on the time line, the following buttons appear: Copy, Cut, Remove, Render Preview, Paste, Produce Range, Lock Range just above the time line.
See link.

I have tested the "Cut" and "Remove" buttons, and for me the function of these 2 buttons is the same: they cut away the clips between the 2 lines.

Is this normal? Why PowerDirector has 2 buttons for the same function?

Any help much appreciated.
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote It is possible to make a Range Selection on the timeline with the 2 orange triangles near the cursor line. When there is a Range Selection on the time line, the following buttons appear: Copy, Cut, Remove, Render Preview, Paste, Produce Range, Lock Range just above the time line.
See link.

I have tested the "Cut" and "Remove" buttons, and for me the function of these 2 buttons is the same: they cut away the clips between the 2 lines.

Is this normal? Why PowerDirector has 2 buttons for the same function?

Any help much appreciated.

If you CUT, the piece is removed, but also copied. If you then use Ctr V, the cut item can be placed elsewhere. If you remove a portion, It's gone for good. The difference between Copy and Cut is, a Copy selection does not remove the portion of video highlighted whereas CUT removes the portion Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,