Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I'm getting an error that is telling me that I need to install a web browser
thefriendlybadger [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 16, 2018 00:28 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
It's telling me that I am trying to use a feature that requires a web browser. I have three browsers on my computer. How can I get it to recognize that I do have a web browser>
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
The Internet Explorer is needed. Maybe you have deactivated it?

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
[Post New]
Quote The Internet Explorer is needed. Maybe you have deactivated it?

Hatti

Dang, really?! I did deactivate because I never use it. That’s really bad on CyberLink’s part, if they require us to use IE.
ClassroomDr [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 21, 2017 06:15 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]

I agree ! I had the same problem forever. Activated Internet Explorer directly through windows and now the PowerDirector 16 is linked to the Mother Ship!!! This has been a problem for me forever!!!!m Simple fix though...go to microsoft/window and toggle/check the box for Internet Explorer...beware, it did cause my start up to delay

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 18. 2018 03:38

StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
For what it's worth, it's Windows that's trying to link you to Internet Explorer (or Microsoft Edge, if you're using Windows 10). PowerDirector just asks for a web browser. I believe it's the operating system that's forcing you to use Explorer/Edge.
ClassroomDr [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote For what it's worth, it's Windows that's trying to link you to Internet Explorer (or Microsoft Edge, if you're using Windows 10). PowerDirector just asks for a web browser. I believe it's the operating system that's forcing you to use Explorer/Edge.

Either way...where PD 16 once did not work in Edge while all other Cyberlink programs did, I took the chance and activated Internet Explorer by selecting same in Windows Microsoft window add ons and now I am up and running. Also...spent the last several hours happily working on PD 16 for a few friends and they too are happy it is going.
GeoGeege [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 21, 2015 08:40 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have this same problem. It is quite annoying. It was there in PD15 and I eventually decided to upgrade to PD16 hoping Cyberlink would have fixed this. They have not. PhotoDirector finds the browser (either Edge or Chrome, whichever I have as default at the time). Likewise AudioDirector and ColorDirector. Why can't Cyberlink just pick up their code and shove it into PowerDirector??? I cannot accept "use IE" as the answer, given that it is an unsupported, obsolete browser that Microsoft do not want us to use.
[Post New]
Quote I have this same problem. It is quite annoying. It was there in PD15 and I eventually decided to upgrade to PD16 hoping Cyberlink would have fixed this. They have not. PhotoDirector finds the browser (either Edge or Chrome, whichever I have as default at the time). Likewise AudioDirector and ColorDirector. Why can't Cyberlink just pick up their code and shove it into PowerDirector??? I cannot accept "use IE" as the answer, given that it is an unsupported, obsolete browser that Microsoft do not want us to use.

I know. I don't want to use Internet Explorer either, which is why I completely disabled it. If you want anything to change, you'll have to contact CyberLink.
ClassroomDr [Avatar]
[Post New]

I solved this problem once and for all without issues since toggling on the option in Windows for intalling IE 11. Poof...problem gone. I later toggled off the internet option and have not seen an issue since. Shewwwwwww...simple fix for me. Hope it works for you.