Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Browser error and
[Post New]
Hey yall, I just recently updated to the full version of PD16 ultimate. Everytime I try to click a link related tab within the program , I get this error

"You’re trying to use a feature that requires a web browser on this system. Install and enable a web browser on your PC and then try again"

I can not download templetes, or use any links within the software. So I decided to goto their site and download sound effects and templetes from them diretly. When I click on MAIN CONTENT, I dont have the DOWNLOADED tab to insert things Ive downloaded. Can anyone help me out?

BTW- Im running windows 10 with Microsoft edge, everthing is updated. I thougght it may just be the browser, so I tried with Chrome and still the same error

Thanks in advance
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
Do you have the InternetExplorer deactivated?
If so, activate it. There are some internet setting, that are linked to the old InternetExplorer, that some programs still need. Cyberlink products belong to that family of programs.

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
I can not download templetes, or use any links within the software. So I decided to goto their site and download sound effects and templetes from them diretly. When I click on MAIN CONTENT, I dont have the DOWNLOADED tab to insert things Ive downloaded. Can anyone help me out?

Effects and templantes that downloaded directly from the site.
Must give 2 click on the file, will install.
You can see in the corresponding room
[Post New]
Quote Do you have the InternetExplorer deactivated?
If so, activate it. There are some internet setting, that are linked to the old InternetExplorer, that some programs still need. Cyberlink products belong to that family of programs.

Hatti

I cant download IE on windows 10. It has been replaced with Edge
[Post New]

Effects and templantes that downloaded directly from the site.
Must give 2 click on the file, will install.
You can see in the corresponding room

IM not sure I understand what your saying. I have the files, they download just fine, but In PowerDirector , when in TimeLine, Media Room, under the edit window ( where it shows capture, edit, produce) there is a little box besode the puzzle icon that is the plugins tab. Just to the right of it is a box that says media content and inside it should be a download tab. Mine is not there. Even though I have downloaded templetes and sounds
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
IM not sure I understand what your saying. I have the files, they download just fine, but In PowerDirector , when in TimeLine, Media Room, under the edit window ( where it shows capture, edit, produce) there is a little box besode the puzzle icon that is the plugins tab. Just to the right of it is a box that says media content and inside it should be a download tab. Mine is not there. Even though I have downloaded templetes and sounds

To view downloaded titles, [as an example], click the T or (F7) select the theme, from the drop-down menu.

A path to view templantes, should select images in the timeline, button, Magic Tools is shown, click and select to open the editor,
See picture,

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 18. 2018 10:08

[Post New]
I got it. Thanks.... Now if I can just get this browser thing to work
Philwild [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Hemel Hempstead, UK Joined: Oct 05, 2017 12:04 Messages: 208 Offline
[Post New]

I cant download IE on windows 10. It has been replaced with Edge

Internet Explorer is still on Windows 10, but you have to search for it in the search bar.

Regards

Phil
Bill A
Newbie Location: Houston, Texas Joined: Oct 06, 2012 17:39 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Actually, Windows Explorer 11 can be opened directly from within Microsoft Edge. It is built into the program as a subset of Windows Edge.

Simply Click on the thre dots (...) in the top right, just under the "X" to exit.

From the resulting drop down one of the options is to open the page from "Windows Explorer"
[Post New]

Internet Explorer is still on Windows 10, but you have to search for it in the search bar.

Regards

Phil

I have tried searching it, it is not on my system. I have tried manually installing it, but I cant. Whats strange is that my browser works in photodirector. And the support people are telling me even chrome should work with powerdirector. They are just very slow with support, so Im waiting for their reply
[Post New]
Quote Actually, Windows Explorer 11 can be opened directly from within Microsoft Edge. It is built into the program as a subset of Windows Edge.

Simply Click on the thre dots (...) in the top right, just under the "X" to exit.

From the resulting drop down one of the options is to open the page from "Windows Explorer"

I found what you are talking about, but nothing happens when I click it
ClassroomDr [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 21, 2017 06:15 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
WOW.... Problem solved for me. After months and months and several reinstalls etc... I toggled the Internet Explorer 11 on in the window with the classic add and remove program settings and after Power Director 16 is linked to the mothership!!!! Again, I went into the classic setting for removiing programs and to the left of same I looked at the Explorer box among Windows add ons and it was turned - the box unchecked. I checked it and after an anxious waiting game upon restarting, it is working!!! I conquered the delay in startup by using a cleaner software and am happy to say Cyberlink Power Director 16 is now running with operational links... I can't explain why my other Cyberlink programs had been happy without the link, but am happy to report that this glitch is now fixed.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 17. 2018 04:25

Andreas Pfeiffer [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 12, 2021 10:31 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

have to dig out this old thread now.

I just installed Power Director 19 on my Windows 10 (21H1) machine, and I am now facing the same issue.

The problem is: In 21H1, Internet Explorer is completely removed and cannot be reactivated.

Did someone find a solution already for this?

Thanks
Andi
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote The problem is: In 21H1, Internet Explorer is completely removed and cannot be reactivated.

Not sure on that, 21H1 actually has a memory leak fix for IE11. I believe Microsoft said active support through June 2022 for IE11 so CL has until then I guess to correct for this old technology.

Did you try to activate? I don't have 21H1 so can't verify but completely removed does not sound correct.
1) Click Start and open Settings
2) Click Apps
3) Click Optional features
4) Click Add a feature
5) Check the box next to Internet Explorer 11
6) Click Install, wait as a reboot will be required

Jeff
[Post New]

Not sure on that, 21H1 actually has a memory leak fix for IE11. I believe Microsoft said active support through June 2022 for IE11 so CL has until then I guess to correct for this old technology.

Did you try to activate? I don't have 21H1 so can't verify but completely removed does not sound correct.
2) Click Apps
4) Click Add a feature

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

thanks for the reply.

However, in 21H1, there is no box anymore to select "Internet Explorer 11" at step 5.
That is basically where I struggle...

Thanks
Andi
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi Jeff,

thanks for the reply.

However, in 21H1, there is no box anymore to select "Internet Explorer 11" at step 5.
That is basically where I struggle...

Thanks
Andi

That may mean it's installed as well. Do you have it activated? https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/42983.page#post_box_221919

Jeff
[Post New]

2) Click Apps
4) Click Add a feature

Jeff

Finally sorted by this. I overlooked something.

Many thanks for help.

Andi