Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
upgrading from PD14 to PD16 risk of ptoblem on editing project?
lunasiatica111 [Avatar]
Member Location: Swizterland Joined: Jul 23, 2014 16:04 Messages: 93 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
i use director suite PD14 and think to upgrade with director suite PD16.
actually I am editing a long film and want to know if I can transfert the project not finiseh on PD16 without problem?

thanks so much
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi,
actually I am editing a long film and want to know if I can transfert the project not finiseh on PD16 without problem?

thanks so much

Yes if you can keep PD14 also until you are sure that everything is OK with PD16.
If you prefer, use the Trial version to check it out. XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
lunasiatica111 [Avatar]
[Post New]
okay...

of course will keep PD14 on my computer as many finish project are there!

the trial version is a good idea but not sure to finish the project in 30 days.....

I think to remember when from PD12 upgrade to PD14 I was editing Iran and could continue without ptoblem with 14, but as not sure witch version I do it why i ask!

thanks
PowerDirector Tutorials
Senior Member Location: Tennessee Joined: Sep 29, 2014 20:25 Messages: 192 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

thanks so much

I was running PD15 and was worried if I upgraded would it overright anything in PD15 and it did not. It installed a separate copy for PD16 so I could use one or the other but not both.

If you install the demo and do decide to buy it you will need to remove the demo and install the registered copy. PowerDirector Tutorials Team
PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
in about three month, Septemberish, there will be PD17.
i'd wait...

happy happy joy oy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out' 'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Just remember that the project edited with PDR 16 will not be useable in earlier versions.

All versions of PDR are backward compatible - later versions will open projects from earlier versions - but any project edited and saved in a later version will not be compatible with earlier versions.

So in this case, open your project in PDR16 and immediately save it with another name so that you don'r lose/overwrite your earlier PDR14 project, just in case you cannot complete the project in PDR16.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
lunasiatica111 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote in about three month, Septemberish, there will be PD17.
i'd wait...

happy happy joy oy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'

thanks so much for the information.... so I wait!!!!!!
lunasiatica111 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

Just remember that the project edited with PDR 16 will not be useable in earlier versions.

All versions of PDR are backward compatible - later versions will open projects from earlier versions - but any project edited and saved in a later version will not be compatible with earlier versions.

So in this case, open your project in PDR16 and immediately save it with another name so that you don'r lose/overwrite your earlier PDR14 project, just in case you cannot complete the project in PDR16.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

thanks really clear this information!