Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Did I miss something?
AlanR47
Senior Member Location: Norfolk UK Joined: Dec 08, 2017 05:01 Messages: 151 Offline
[Post New]
Just received an email from Cyberlink proudly announcing a Sale and going on to boast More Ways To Enrich Your Digital Life - by getting PowerDirector 15 (yes 15) thats faster smoother and has more editing features. I also see on this forum on May 31 2018 a new patch has been released for PD15.

Call me old fashioned but I thought when I purchased PD16 I WAS getting a faster smoother and more featured video editor than PD15 but on the surface one could be forgiven for thinking maybe PD15 was better than PD16. I know some users have been disappointed with so called improvements in PD16 that failed to address issues in PD15.

Yes I checked my calendar and its not 1st April either. (UK April fools day)

So whats going on? Should I upgrade to PD15 - but seriously - why is PD15 being updated when surely CL should be concentrating on their current PD flagship v16?

Alan.
PowerDirector Tutorials
Senior Member Location: Tennessee Joined: Sep 29, 2014 20:25 Messages: 192 Offline
[Post New]
yeah I got the same email and was thinking the same thing. Only thing I could think of was if you can not afford PD16 you can get this great deal on PD15. hahaahahaah... Maybe someone was in a hurry to leave the office and pulled up and old newletter and said looks good I am out of here..... hahaahaha

Hurry Downgrade now for a great deal. LOL PowerDirector Tutorials Team
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
"why is PD15 being updated"

I don't think we will ever know the true reason and the release announcement gives nothing at all away. I for one am glad that Cyberlink do not 'turn their back' on existing customers come the annual appearance of a new version.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Cyberlink is quite good, in my view, of supporting previous versions of PowerDirector, heck they put out a patch this past July 2017 that was for PD14. Now, if you wish to discuss the persistant typos in some of their ads, we can talk... HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT