Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power DVD 14 (bought on Amazon), no Blu-ray Movie Support?
Sebastian_Pulse [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 03, 2018 14:26 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Hello Guys,

Hope someone can help me out.

I bought Power DVD 14 on Amazon before some Days, today i want to try a Blu-ray Movie in my external drive (AACS Protection).
But Power DVD tells me that i have to upgrade my Version? What i do wrong?

Thank you!

Sebastian
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

Well what exact version did you buy? Only the Ultra version supports Blu-ray playback. Sounds like you purchased the Deluxe version maybe.

Dave
Sebastian_Pulse [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 03, 2018 14:26 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello,

Well what exact version did you buy? Only the Ultra version supports Blu-ray playback. Sounds like you purchased the Deluxe version maybe.

Dave

Yes, know i see
https://www.amazon.de/Cyberlink-4711162035927-CyberLink-PowerDVD-Pro/dp/B00JKEGTT8

It was Standard Version. Damnit.. its little bit confusing. Its described for UltraHD also:

Weltweit führender Mediaplayer • Unterstützt 4K-Ultra-HD • DVD-Wiedergabe • Integration von sozialen Netzwerken • TrueTheater-Technologie für optimale Bild- und Ton-Qualität

Means: World's leading media player • Supports 4K Ultra HD • DVD playback • Social network integration • TrueTheater technology for optimal picture and sound quality

Thank you Sir!

Sebastian
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

It is referring to 4K video support, which is known as Ultra HD video. If you are looking to play Ultra HD Blu-ray, you need the Ultra version of PowerDVD 17 or 18. You also need to ensure your computer meets the system requirements. They are quite particular.

Dave